Pets

Stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else goes here!
Daniel
Site Admin
Anime Fan Since: 199X年

Pets

Post by Daniel »

Anyone here have any pets?

Here's one of mine:

Heibi
Anime Fan Since: 1976

Re: Pets

Post by Heibi »

When I lived in Alaska as a kid we always had a dog and a couple cats.
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

At one point, before my daughter was born, we had a pit bull dog, a kitten, two turtles, and a fish aquarium. However, I was unemployed for several months during this time. First we got rid of the cat because she was annoying us to no end. She was cute, but we needed to find a better home for her to live. Then we donated the turtles to the local reptilian society because we did not want to risk possible exposure to salmonella to our baby who was about to be born. We also decided to give our dog to my parents because we did not want to handle her and a baby at the same time. She gets along well with our girl (some people have stupid ideas about exposing children to pit bulls and just stupid ideas about that breed of dog in general), but we knew we could not devote the attention to her she deserved. My parents were looking for a dog, so it worked out perfectly because we could still see our dog. The fish were all that remained, but I gave them away to somebody just before we moved to Japan.

Now, we have no pets and we are glad. We enjoyed pets, but we also like the idea of leaving for a week and not having anything holding us back from travelling. Plus we got tired of having animal hair getting all over our clothes and such. The cat was the worst, as she shed constantly all over our sofa and such. So I love animals, but I just don't want pets. I love animals enough to know that they deserve someone better than myself to take care of them.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
r-18
Anime Fan Since: 1967

Post by r-18 »

i have several cats ...one old blind cat snappy tom and a one eyed cat smokey and an out door cat weiner...and there are 2 little kittens no names that i am taming for the local shelter so they can be adopted...
_D_
Anime Fan Since: 1978

Post by _D_ »

No more cats, dogs, birds, fish, reptiles, etc. This house is going to stay clean! The last dog I had is in an urn on my mantlepiece. Outside I have Canada Geese, squirrels, crows (who always beg food from me), gulls, deer, otters (in the winter), etc. No need of pets when the wildlife is close at hand. My friends have lots of pets though so they all love me...