the last unicorn.....

Stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else goes here!
r-18
Anime Fan Since: 1967

the last unicorn.....

Post by r-18 »

no it isn't about that film or book....the reason i looked up this site was ...i was trying to find anime fans my age....or older if possible....i post on several sites ...they are populated by mostly by young persons ...as young as 14....and i don't have a problem relating to them ....but...and this is a big but....are there any anime fans out there my age????? and by fans i mean people that participate in the online community ....so know anyone that fits that criteria????? if not then..... secondary how old are you and who is the oldest anime fan you know....???
davemerrill
Anime Fan Since: 1984

Re: the last unicorn.....

Post by davemerrill »

I'm 42 myself. There are people in their 50s and 60s involved in the anime communities I'm familiar with in both Atlanta and Toronto. Japanese cartoons have been a part of global popular culture for going on sixty years now, so it's really something that has appeal to a wide range of ages.

Of course most anime is made for and aimed at children and teenagers, so it's not surprising that the kids are going to outnumber the older folks.
r-18

Post by r-18 »

it is nice to know that it isn't all kids....but i still have never seen a post on a forum or the like from older persons...now i do know that a lot of older people aren't into the net...so that is more or less to be expected....
r-18

Post by r-18 »

i suppose that is where i have it .......good???....being disabled.... i was retired at age 35....
r-18

Post by r-18 »

fortunately the other forum that i post on is .....small and very protective of each other... several time troll have tried to inhabit it ...but were beaten back with torches and pitchforks...