I've been so busy lately...

Stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else goes here!
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

I've been so busy lately...

Post by greg »

I haven't been on this forum much lately with other projects and stuff going on at the moment. I really haven't been watching much anime at all for the past several weeks, and I've been playing more games lately than anything. I hear that the new Evangelion movie is coming out in the next week or so in Japan, but I have yet to see the others. I really hope they've improved the TV series considerably and cut out the psychotic, non-sequitir nonsense.

This weekend, Net-Lex and I will get signatures from Christopher Lloyd! He will be visiting Shizuoka City on Friday. Back To The Future is my wife's favorite movie, so I will take the trilogy box set with me for him to sign. I want to tell him that I will not bother watching the planned Back To The Future remake movie. There is no reason to remake a great movie like this, other than to just make some quick bucks based on the fact that people will go see it for the nostalgic/curiosity factor alone (Karate Kid, Dukes of Hazzard, Starsky & Hutch, the horrible Transformers movies, G.I. Joe, Charlie's Angels, ad nauseam).

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and Japan has its own "Labor Thanksgiving" holiday on Friday. Turkey is hard to find in Japan, and I never really cared for it much anyway. To me, Thanksgiving will be just fine with a box of KFC, some instant mashed potatoes, dinner rolls, and asparagus. However, a box of KFC (don't they come in buckets anymore?) has become a Christmas tradition in Japan, so we will come up with some other plan for that on Christmas. December 24th will be a national holiday, because the Emperor's birthday or something is on a Sunday, so the day off will be on that Monday. I'll be visiting Tokyo that weekend, so I will bring back a box of Krispy Kreme donuts from Tokyo to surprise my family.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page