the 2016 Anime Survey

Stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else goes here!
davemerrill
Anime Fan Since: 1984

the 2016 Anime Survey

Post by davemerrill »

(just got this email a few days ago and thought some here might want to participate)

Hello, the International Anime Research Project team is calling on all Anime Fans (18 years of age or older) to participate in the 2016 anime survey. This year we are delving deep into anime genres.

The survey is anonymous and should take less than 30 min to complete. Participants are eligible to win a $50 Amazon gift card (chances of winning are 1 in 200, draw entries will be confidential and not associated with survey responses).

You can contribute to the psychological and sociological understanding of the anime fandom by completing the anime survey online at:

http://bit.ly/1WwvsF3

If you know of any anime fans over the age of 18, please help us spread the word. We need as many anime fans as possible to improve the accuracy of the results.

The survey will be open from June 1st to July 1st, 2016.

If you are interested in viewing results/papers from prior surveys, please visit our website at: https://sites.google.com/site/animeresearch/

Thank you!
Dr. Stephen Reysen, Texas A&M University-Commerce, stephen.reysen@tamuc.edu
Dr. Kathy Gerbasi, Niagara County Community College, kgerbasi@niagaracc.suny.edu
Dr. Sharon Roberts, University of Waterloo (Renison College), serobert@uwaterloo.ca
Dr. Courtney Plante, Iowa State University, cplante@iastate.edu
DKop
Anime Fan Since: 1998

Re: the 2016 Anime Survey

Post by DKop »

That was a really weird survey to me. It seemed like the last fourth of it pertained to if you think furries and anime fans are one in the same or different and how you feel about that.

I felt that half the questions didn't really pertain to me personally, but on a psychological, social and cultural level its a good study to know what background people come from that are anime fans and what might have led them there.
yusaku
Anime Fan Since: 1988

Post by yusaku »

I will take the survey when I get off work.
***^__^***
labsenpai
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Post by labsenpai »

Sounds like this questionnaire goes into some nerd bait; I'll pass thank you.
I'll just wait for the "Anime Addicts Conduce Felid Female Fashion" news at eleven report...
llj

Post by llj »

It is silly and nerd bait, yes, but I did it for the amazon gift card.
DKop
Anime Fan Since: 1998

Post by DKop »

I forgot what that amount was for, like 40 or 50 bucks?
_D_
Anime Fan Since: 1978

Post by _D_ »

I'd probably do the survey if it was a lot less nerdy. I don't need the Amazon GC as bait though as I've won a $1,500 4K Samsung TV and a $100 MasterCard in the last little while. A trip is elusive for me but I'm still trying...
llj

Post by llj »

_D_ wrote:I'd probably do the survey if it was a lot less nerdy. I don't need the Amazon GC as bait though as I've won a $1,500 4K Samsung TV and a $100 MasterCard in the last little while. A trip is elusive for me but I'm still trying...

I think the contest is over now...

Oh yeah, I remembered that you liked doing contests. I tried doing more contests but many ask me for more personal info than I'd prefer to give, in order to enter.
_D_

Post by _D_ »

llj wrote:
_D_ wrote:I'd probably do the survey if it was a lot less nerdy. I don't need the Amazon GC as bait though as I've won a $1,500 4K Samsung TV and a $100 MasterCard in the last little while. A trip is elusive for me but I'm still trying...

I think the contest is over now...

Oh yeah, I remembered that you liked doing contests. I tried doing more contests but many ask me for more personal info than I'd prefer to give, in order to enter.
Name. address and phone number on most. Privacy policies on most (not all) should be read beforehand. I shy away from ones that want my photo but with all the social media contests these days it's not a problem for most people. Otherwise make a fake FB or Twitter account with as little info as possible and use that. I'm up to about $2,000 in winnings so far this year. That's about average. The TV was worth the most but I'm still hoping for a trip or a Christmas oriented prize before year end. Wish me luck...
_D_

Post by _D_ »

that should be. read the privacy policy on all contests before entering. Some might be invasive but most do not give out the info to 3rd parties these days. I guess lawsuits are not to be trifled with these days. Some give the info out to partner companies but that generally just means you get email notices. You can rescind your agreement to your info after the contest closes anyway...