Teenage young lady murdered in Sasebo, Nagasaki, Japan

Discuss anything and everything relating to that fascinating island empire of the east
ParaParaJMo
Anime Fan Since: 1986/1994

Teenage young lady murdered in Sasebo, Nagasaki, Japan

Post by ParaParaJMo »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlL-Dhah8ls

10 years after another similar incident in the same city but with elementary girls, this had to happen. It is shocking in Japan because it is such a safe country. As a girls school teacher, this truly disturbs me.
_D_
Anime Fan Since: 1978

Re: Teenage young lady murdered in Sasebo, Nagasaki, Japan

Post by _D_ »

That was my best bud's home town.
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

I remember the first story. Girl 1 had said some nasty gossip about Girl 2 on the Internet, so Girl 2 invited her to an empty classroom, had her sit down in a chair, and cut her throat open with a box cutter. And here we have a full-blown decapitation.

America has its violence for sure, but it takes little effort to murder someone with a gun. Just point, shoot, and walk away. But when you are dealing with sharp knifes and such, that is up close and personal, having to deal with flailing hands, blood spraying everywhere, etc. At some point, a rational person would think, "Dear God, what am I doing? This isn't right." But whereas anyone would get totally grossed out with decapitation, this girl apparently cut off her head and her hand. News article here. Sick. The crazy thing is, she is an emotionally unstable girl living alone in an apartment while her parents live elsewhere in the city. What the hell?
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
ParaParaJMo

Post by ParaParaJMo »

Update

The girl just killed her just to see what it's like to kill. Apparently she had some prior histories of violence. Last year her mother died of cancer and her father re-married. Apparently her father shipped her off just to get her away.
greg

Post by greg »

A coworker said to me today that she has a history of dismembering animals and such. I guess that's how it starts out.
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
ParaParaJMo

Post by ParaParaJMo »

Yeah, pretty damn disturbing.
greg

Post by greg »

According to this article, the murderer had had a psychiatric evaluation and the psychiatrist had warned that she could kill if left untreated. She had tried poisoning classmates in elementary school with bleach. Her mom had died of cancer, and her father married another woman and stuck her in some apartment to get rid of her. Then he has the big conscious to say that his daughter had committed an unforgivable crime. Big man.
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
llj
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Post by llj »

Unfortunately, stuff like this is nothing new even in North America. Recently a bunch of 12 year old girls stabbed a classmate a bunch of times to try to impress the "Slenderman", an internet/video game character. I could go on about "kids these days" but I'm quite sure things like this happened 50 years ago as well. Lots of mentally unstable people out there. You can't possibly monitor and treat all of them. Hell, I run into mentally unstable people at least once every day while commuting to work. While MOST of them won't attack people unless provoked, a lot of them probably shouldn't be left to wander around by themselves. Unfortunately, many have no real support system so they're really on their own. They're not all homeless people, either.
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

llj wrote:Unfortunately, stuff like this is nothing new even in North America. Recently a bunch of 12 year old girls stabbed a classmate a bunch of times to try to impress the "Slenderman", an internet/video game character. I could go on about "kids these days" but I'm quite sure things like this happened 50 years ago as well. Lots of mentally unstable people out there. You can't possibly monitor and treat all of them. Hell, I run into mentally unstable people at least once every day while commuting to work. While MOST of them won't attack people unless provoked, a lot of them probably shouldn't be left to wander around by themselves. Unfortunately, many have no real support system so they're really on their own. They're not all homeless people, either.
oh man, I saw that on the national news and was just like...holy crap. I really worry for kids who don't know how to separate fiction from reality...I was aware at a very young age that things you see in movies and TV shows are usually not real. My parents even talked to me about it. It makes me wonder if some parents don't think to make their kids aware of the differences between "make-believe" things and real ones? It's troubling.

Those Japanese murders sound like things out of horror stories. It's a shame that even with warnings and evaluations, she still hurt someone.
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*