Vampire Hunter D comic Kickstarter

Non-anime/manga-related TV, movies, books, and comics, especially but not limited to pre-2000 titles
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Vampire Hunter D comic Kickstarter

Post by usamimi »

Well, almost a year to the day, the team behind proposing a new VHD animated series has launched a Kickstarter for a VHD comic: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/19 ... -from-mars

There's a new interview with them on ANN as well, talking about the progress they've made on preproduction: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interv ... -d/.103801

Basically it feels like they're gonna use this comic as a gauge for if they think people want more new VHD stuff or not. So if you're interested in the animated series going forward, support the comic?
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
Kame-Sen'nin
Anime Fan Since: 1996

Re: Vampire Hunter D comic Kickstarter

Post by Kame-Sen'nin »

It looks like this Kickstarter is going to be pretty successful! As of now, it has $74,627 pledged of a $25,000 goal, and still has sixteen days left.
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

So now the comic seems to be in actual retail stores! I've already seen tweets from some comic shop owners saying they're already selling out of variant covers, so it sounds like it's selling well! Anyone here read it? I'm curious to hear opinions.
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
DKop
Anime Fan Since: 1998

Post by DKop »

I'll see if my local shop near my university has it when I get out of class today.
Kame-Sen'nin
Anime Fan Since: 1996

Post by Kame-Sen'nin »

DKop wrote:I'll see if my local shop near my university has it when I get out of class today.
Let us know what you think! I may try to pick up a copy this week if I have time.
DKop

Post by DKop »

I put in an order for both variant covers that should be coming in this week, so when I get a notice from them that its in ill pick my copies up.
DKop

Post by DKop »

So my comic book shop only got me the white blank sketch cover that took them a month to get (probably not going to get anything else from them preorder wise since I didn't get the second issue I wanted, and ive heard other stuff about this store for years yadiyada...) and I got to read it today. Not sure what book the comic is adapted from, but it's super cool to read. I plan on getting them all and I haven't been this interested in reading a comic series since Dorkin brought back Eltingville Club.