Kamen Rider Series

Non-anime/manga-related TV, movies, books, and comics, especially but not limited to pre-2000 titles
kndy
Anime Fan Since: 70's

Kamen Rider Series

Post by kndy »

For "Kamen Rider" fans, please chime in!!!
kndy
Anime Fan Since: 70's

Re: Kamen Rider Series

Post by kndy »

Anyone watching "Kamen Rider Wizard". The show is pretty awesome and amazed of the production budget for the show. From cars flipping over to the many location shots (unlike Sentai which typically ends up in an all dirt terrain)

Episode 1 [Fansub]
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xt8g6t ... rch_algo=2

Episode 2 [Fansub]
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xt8g6t ... rch_algo=2
Path
Anime Fan Since: Circa 1993

Post by Path »

kndy wrote:Image

Anyone watching "Kamen Rider Wizard". The show is pretty awesome and amazed of the production budget for the show. From cars flipping over to the many location shots (unlike Sentai which typically ends up in an all dirt terrain)
I'm watching Wizard. Medusa and Gremlin are very interesting characters, but I find Haruto a little dull. OOOs had the same problem with the main character, the side ones stole the show.

My favorite Kamen Rider series is W, followed closely by Kabuto.
ParaParaJMo
Anime Fan Since: 1986/1994

Post by ParaParaJMo »

My first exposure was to Saban's Masked Rider when I was in elementary. Looking back, it was awful. Even Ishinomori-sensei said he hated it. I got into Kamen Rider after I moved to Japan. I started by watching some of the Heisei series such as Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, and Blade. I enjoyed them since I needed to watch them to get the awful long lasting taste of Saban's abomination. Then I got into Black and Black RX and I was blown away. I also watched Dragon Knight, the American adaptation of Ryuki, which was released on DVD in Japan and I actually liked it though the last act kind of falls apart.

At present, I am watching the first Kamen Rider series. The special effects are laughingly bad but I enjoy it. Mystery Science Theater 3000 should have done this series back in the day.