The Show Off Your Other TV/Movies Stuff Thread

Non-anime/manga-related TV, movies, books, and comics, especially but not limited to pre-2000 titles
Daniel
Site Admin
Anime Fan Since: 199X年

The Show Off Your Other TV/Movies Stuff Thread

Post by Daniel »

Got a non-anime related TV/movies collection that you'd like to show pictures of?

Here's the thread dedicated to showing off all such stuff...!

(I don't have any photos to post at the moment, but I'm making this thread in case anyone wants to use it...!)
kndy
Anime Fan Since: 70's

Re: The Show Off Your Other TV/Movies Stuff Thread

Post by kndy »

I have a lot on Blu-ray, DVD and VHS but most of them are now on binders as I have too much...

This is my Blu-ray collection as of 2009

As of 2010....

And as of 2012, I am over the 1,000 mark and trying to figure out if I want to put them in binders or put books in storage and move the Blu-rays to my bookshelves.

For cinema collection, I have a special shrine in my home...
_D_
Anime Fan Since: 1978

Post by _D_ »

Never had the money to buy a lot of stuff. For 20 years my friend in Japan sent me just about anything I wanted for free. A humbling experience. My house is full of stuff which I never sorted out since my last move 2 years ago. Discs are a pain. There are woefully few that I would actually collect as they have to have replay value which most do not. Going to settle for capping my own stuff from TV to hard discs in the future as storage space is at a premium even though I have 1200 sq. feet in this house to play with. I may never put my magazine collection onto racks again. For now, they are in boxes in my sun room. My spare bedroom houses thousands of tapes. I was into a massive search of old SciFi Channel recordings from the early 1990s when I stumbled upon this site, so that is now on the back burner again, as are pending recordings for several people in the online world.
_D_
Anime Fan Since: 1978

Post by _D_ »

Animeflavor for streamed stuff but it must be bootleg...stuff I know is only available on DVD or Blu Ray is here. Don't watch stuff though as I'm too busy. Most of the US stuff is unavailable unless you use proxies. Even without it though, I have about 45 Canadian channels of canned shows available to me. With proxies: 72 (at last count) of US channels, British channels, European channels, Asian channels, Japanese channels, Chinese channels, etc. using free or cheap apps for my Blackberry Playbook and IPad. Along with my satellite receiver too much TV if you ask me....

Chinese speakers use these:

http://www.tvpad.hk/tvpad/01/

They are all over the place. I can get them in Canada, off EBay or directly from China. Has 25 Japanese channels now.
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

oh wow, kndy, your 2009 photos look like how my den looks now...XD I ran out of shelf space long ago and now I just have random piles of DVDs here and there. One of these days maybe I'll take a picture, but it's kind of a mess right now.

Does anyone use Film Aficionado to catalog their stuff? I have an account there. It's handy, but the only thing I hate is that I can't make separate lists of genres (ie I can't section off my anime from my live-action, etc). I've been lucky since moving to Texas--you wouldn't BELIEVE how many DVDs I've gotten from the Goodwill that were practically brand new for only a dollar. (And some box sets and blu-rays, too...it's nuts!) There's also a great locally-owned used record store here that sells DVDs and VHS as well, and I always seem to find one or two gems in their $2 bargain bin. (I've even found some live-action Asian movies that way, oddly enough.)
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
nordstar
Anime Fan Since: Mid 90's

Post by nordstar »

usamimi wrote:Does anyone use Film Aficionado to catalog their stuff? I have an account there. It's handy, but the only thing I hate is that I can't make separate lists of genres (ie I can't section off my anime from my live-action, etc).
I use FilmAF http://pnordstrom.filmaf.com and I have separate lists for stuff including Anime http://pnordstrom.filmaf.com/owned/anime. My list are no where near complete any more, I have been lazy :(

When you login mouse over "My Collection" scroll down to "Manage Folders". There you can add new folders "Lists" and arrange them.

I also have my Blu-Ray's cataloged at http://www.blu-ray.com/community/profile.php?u=202415

kndy, nice collection. I especially like the Criterion's. Man I want the Jin-Roh and RSF box set. I found the RSF box set at FYE last month and got all excited but it was the HD-DVD set. I am glad I got the Akira Blu though. I got mine during this past Christmas at RightStuf they got in a small quality and were selling them for I think $29.
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

oh wow!! I've been using DVDAF/Film Aficionado for ages, but I always thought it sucked you couldn't make separate lists...Thanks for posting that, I'm definitely going to try that later (I have to edit mine, I just recently traded in a whole bunch of DVDs I haven't watched in ages and didn't really have interest in anymore, lol.)
Path
Anime Fan Since: Circa 1993

Post by Path »

:shock: kndy, that is an amazing collection. My friend has the same brown shelves for her disks as well.

I don't have much interesting non-anime stuff...I do have an ultimate X-Files boxset that takes up way too much space. And many many 80s cartoons, DVD and VHS. I worked at a video store for a few years, so I saw no real need to buy movies when I could rent them for free. These days I usually just see a movie in theaters or wait until Netflix.
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

Well, I finally moved all the anime I have on my FilmAF account into a separate folder: http://miaka.filmaf.com/owned/anime
I haven't updated it in a while, but that's the bulk of it atm, I think. I've been getting a lot of random DVDs of swap sites lately, so my collection's kind of all over the place, lol. :lol: I'm still trying to slowly get back some of the older ones I had but sold when I moved.
nordstar
Anime Fan Since: Mid 90's

Post by nordstar »

usamimi wrote:Well, I finally moved all the anime I have on my FilmAF account into a separate folder: http://miaka.filmaf.com/owned/anime
I haven't updated it in a while, but that's the bulk of it atm, I think. I've been getting a lot of random DVDs of swap sites lately, so my collection's kind of all over the place, lol. :lol: I'm still trying to slowly get back some of the older ones I had but sold when I moved.

usamimi, glad you got your anime categorized. You have some nice stuff.