WTB: Japanese Manga Magazine Back Issues

Our own online marketplace!
chimpoozle
Anime Fan Since: 2005

WTB: Japanese Manga Magazine Back Issues

Post by chimpoozle »

Hi Everyone,

I recently began collecting old back issues of Japanese manga magazine publications. If anybody has some of these and is looking to free up some closet space, please consider selling to me! Below is a list of what I'm looking for in order of priority:

Big Comic Spirits from 1980 - 1987.
Weekly Manga Action from 1990 - 2000.
Monthly Manga Town from 2000 - 2010.
Weekly Shonen Sunday from 1978 - 1996.
Famicom 4 Koma Oukoku (Famicom 4 Panel Kingdom) from 1992 - 1994.

Please let me know if you want to unload any of these, and if I don't have them already I will probably buy them.

Thanks,
Matt :geek:
davemerrill
Anime Fan Since: 1984

Re: WTB: Japanese Manga Magazine Back Issues

Post by davemerrill »

I only have one Sunday from 1983, but I want to keep it! I love the older weeklies/monthlies.
zimmerit
Anime Fan Since: 1995

Post by zimmerit »

Have you looked on http://mandarake.co.jp/ yet? They're probably your best bet for ease of ordering and low prices, but stock on old weeklies can be really spotty because most people just chucked them in the trash after reading. But, they're pretty cheap when they have them. Good luck!
Sean // zimmerit.moe
chimpoozle

Post by chimpoozle »

zimmerit wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:52 pm Have you looked on http://mandarake.co.jp/ yet? They're probably your best bet for ease of ordering and low prices, but stock on old weeklies can be really spotty because most people just chucked them in the trash after reading. But, they're pretty cheap when they have them. Good luck!
Thanks for the suggestion! I do know of them and recently cleaned them out of everything they had for certain magazines I was searching for. I might go put in a 2nd order now haha.
_D_
Anime Fan Since: 1978

Post by _D_ »

I will check and see if I have anything from that period and get back to you...
_D_

Post by _D_ »

Looks like I have quite a few of the old Weekly Big Comic Spirits from 1990 or so. Dunno how much these would cost to ship from Canada. If you have a list of issues i should be looking for, please PM it to me...
_D_

Post by _D_ »

Ah, reading again...you want EARLIER stuff. Going to look again and while I DO have stuff from earlier periods, it's not those companies. Will continue to look though...
chimpoozle

Post by chimpoozle »

Thanks, I really appreciate you checking! There’s part of me that wants to collect every issue of every manga magazine from every time period, but I don’t have the money or the space. 8-)