Ryoran's WTB List

Our own online marketplace!
Animusubi
Anime Fan Since: 1989

Ryoran's WTB List

Post by Animusubi »

Decided to put up an extensive list of things I am currently looking for. I won't always be available to buy them, but if anyone has anything on my list, feel free to PM me or reply here!

Right now I'm mostly looking for anime VHS, old magazines and comics, and any and all Ranma 1/2 merchandise for my collection.

Anime VHS
Will only pay $.25-$1.00 per VHS. More if it's rare or not on DVD.
I AM LOOKING FOR OTHERS AS WELL, SO IF IT'S NOT LISTED HERE, LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE. :)
Ranma 1/2 (Dubbed AND Subtitled!)
Tenchi Muyo (OAV) Vol 2+ and Mihoshi Special (Dubbed Only)
Here is Greenwood (Dub) 1-3
Super Deformed Double Feature (Scramble Wars / 10 Little Gall Force)
Riding Bean (Dubbed Only)
Kimagure Orange Road (Subbed)
Mermaid's Scar (Dubbed Only)
Rumic World (Maris the Chojo, Laughing Target, Mermaid Forest)
Yu Yu Hakusho the Movie "Poltergeist Report" (Dubbed Only)
Project A-Ko (Subtitled Only)
Battle Angel Alita (Sub or Dub)
Robot Carnival
[s]3x3 Eyes Perfect Collection (Dubbed Only)[/s] FOUND!
Sea Prince and the Fire Child (Dubbed)
Megami Paradise 1&2 (Subbed)
Fire Emblem (Dubbed)

Fansubs

Ranma 1/2

DVDs
Phantom Quest Corps
[s]RG Veda[/s] FOUND!
[s]Please Save My Earth[/s] FOUND!
Blue Seed

Magazines
Will only pay $5 or less per issue depending on condition.
Animerica (random issues missing or wanting to replace)
Any magazines (English or Japanese) focusing on Ranma 1/2 (Newtype, Animeya, Animerica, Protoculture Addicts, etc)

Comics
Looking to pay around $.50-$1.50 per issue.
Ranma 1/2 single issues comics
Venus Wars

Ranma 1/2 Goods
ANY

Other
Settei (Character Sheets) - will take photocopies of any you have a stash of from 80's-90's
Artbooks (let me know what ones you have, any from 80's-90's)
Last edited by Animusubi on Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:59 pm, edited 11 times in total.
animusubi
Resident Ranma 1/2 Appreciator!
twitter | instagram
Heero
Anime Fan Since: 1980

Re: WTB: Ranma 1/2, VHS, Magazines, and MORE!

Post by Heero »

ryoran wrote:Comics
Looking to pay around $.50-$1.50 per issue.
Ranma 1/2 single issues comics
I think I have some of these, I forget which ones though, I'll need to look. My wife has most of the Animericas too, but I don't know if she'd be willing to part with them right now.
llj
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Post by llj »

This is off the top of my head. All of my VHS tapes are in my parents' house. Of course, I don't live there anymore, and I only visit them occasionally, so here's some of what I have according to memory:

Mobile Suit Gundam 0083 (Entire series on Bandai tape, dubbed)
Neon Genesis Evangelion (Episodes 1-4 on fansub VHS, the rest on ADV VHS dub. Might be missing a volume in the middle...)
Vision of Escaflowne (Episodes 1-4 on fansub VHS, episodes 5-26 on Bandai/AnimeVillage VHS sub)
Kimagure Orange Road Summer's Beginning (ADV dub)
Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X: Trust (ADV sub)
Revolutionary Girl Utena (Dubbed, episodes 1-13 only)
The Last Unicorn
Macross Plus The Movie (subbed)
Perfect Blue (subbed)
Street Fighter 2 The animated movie (dubbed, "uncensored" version)
Battle Angel (dubbed)
Ghost in the Shell the movie (dubbed)
Cowboy Bebop (Still need to check if I have the entire series on VHS. Mostly dubbed, maybe 1 sub tape)
Adieu Galaxy Express 999 (dubbed)
Gundam 0080 (dubbed)
Giant Robo (entire series subbed)

I'd be looking for Manga, ADV or CPM DVDs. Naturally, region 1. Mostly OVAs and one shots. None of these should realistically be overpriced, as they should still be found in many used DVD stores for around $10 a DVD or less. A few I would be looking for:

Birdy the Mighty OVA
Ayane's High Kick
Appleseed (1980s version, Manga Ent)
Gunsmith Cats
Macross 2 (there are 2 identically packaged but very different versions: a "movie" cut and a "movie" longer version. I am looking for the long version, which should be closer to 160 minutes)
Wicked City Special Edition
Sukeban Deka

There are also some DVDs that I've heard fetch high prices on ebay so I don't expect anyone to just trade them to me for some tapes, but for the record, these "rare" ones I want are:

Fatal Fury The Motion Picture
The Complete Wrath of the Ninja/Yotoden (with full OVA version included)
Geobreeders
Devil Hunter Yohko
Daniel
Site Admin
Anime Fan Since: 199X年

Post by Daniel »

Even though this is Chevi's thread, since she didn't list fansubs as something that she's after, I wonder if she wouldn't mind if I claim them...

Graham, I *believe* that I have the following DVDs on your list (I'll have to check to make sure): Ayane's High Kick, Appleseed, Gunsmith Cats, Wicked City Special Edition, Sukeban Deka, and Devil Hunter Yohko.

Lemme know if you're interested in a trade.
Animusubi

Post by Animusubi »

AnimeSennin wrote:Even though this is Chevi's thread, since she didn't list fansubs as something that she's after, I wonder if she wouldn't mind if I claim them...

Graham, I *believe* that I have the following DVDs on your list (I'll have to check to make sure): Ayane's High Kick, Appleseed, Gunsmith Cats, Wicked City Special Edition, Sukeban Deka, and Devil Hunter Yohko.

Nope not interested in the fansubs, so they are totally up for grabs. :)

llj, for the ones I am interested in...
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083 (Entire series on Bandai tape, dubbed)
Kimagure Orange Road Summer's Beginning (ADV dub)
Street Fighter 2 The animated movie (dubbed, "uncensored" version)

And possibly these as well, they'd be more last on my list really, but I think I do want them.
Adieu Galaxy Express 999 (dubbed)
Gundam 0080 (dubbed)
Giant Robo (entire series subbed)

As far as what you're looking for in trade, I think I may have seen a few of those at the stores I frequent, I'll bring a list of what you want with me and double check. I know I saw Macross II a few times, and Geobreeders. I don't know if you're looking for it, but I also saw Garzey's Wing the other day. I'm 50% sure I saw Yotoden used, but I don't think it was the complete edition.
animusubi
twitter | instagram
llj

Post by llj »

AnimeSennin wrote:Even though this is Chevi's thread, since she didn't list fansubs as something that she's after, I wonder if she wouldn't mind if I claim them...

I'd be interested. It might take me a while to go back to the parents and gather these tapes up, but let me know what you want out of my list. BTW, I think I *might* have a few episodes of the Canadian dub of Dragon Ball recorded on tape, animesennin. I'll have to check since I know you're looking for Dragon Ball tapes.
ryoran wrote:
As far as what you're looking for in trade, I think I may have seen a few of those at the stores I frequent, I'll bring a list of what you want with me and double check. I know I saw Macross II a few times, and Geobreeders. I don't know if you're looking for it, but I also saw Garzey's Wing the other day. I'm 50% sure I saw Yotoden used, but I don't think it was the complete edition.
I've already got Garzey's Wing somewhere. If you happen upon Macross 2, remember to check the running time. There is absolutely no distinction in the packaging between the movie "edit" and the movie "compilation", as I said. Also, tell me the prices of these anime so I can work out the value we're dealing with here.

Yeah, Yotoden the movie is fairly easy to find. I've got a bunch of stores in my area that sell the movie version. The complete edition looks like this
http://www.amazon.com/Wrath-Ninja-Compl ... B000GAKLZS

Additionally, I should mention to anyone here that I have the entire CPM VHS set of Votoms, which I may offer to trade later next year if I eventually buy the DVD set (there is a store here that is selling the CPM DVD series, but I haven't gotten around to buying it yet). If any of you are interested in Votoms, I'll mark it down for future reference.
Daniel
Site Admin
Anime Fan Since: 199X年

Post by Daniel »

llj wrote:I'd be interested. It might take me a while to go back to the parents and gather these tapes up, but let me know what you want out of my list. BTW, I think I *might* have a few episodes of the Canadian dub of Dragon Ball recorded on tape, animesennin. I'll have to check since I know you're looking for Dragon Ball tapes.
Cool. Let me know whenever you have a chance to take a look, no rush. I am interested to hear of any and all fansub tapes and TV recordings you may have...
_D_
Anime Fan Since: 1978

Post by _D_ »

How much stuff you need?

Ranma VHS are about $3/tape. These tapes are in hard cases so that means the cardboard original cases have been split to fit said cases. The bigger problem is shipping. These are HEAVY and shipping from Canada is not cheap like in the US. But if you want them, they and many hundreds of others are there. The only one he will not part with is KOR since it was never released on DVD. He figures he has at least 80% of the stuff on your list.

He tells me that if you are looking for discs as well, snap them up while you can. With the demise of most of the distribution companies in North America, they will go out of print pretty quick. Of the 1700 discs he has for rent, 1400 are now out of print.
Animusubi

Post by Animusubi »

I am impressed by his collection, but since most of them are in hard cases, with the original boxes made to fit them, I don't want them. I want them in the original boxes at least with the boxes somewhat undamaged. It looks like he definitely has alot of what I'm looking for, but $3 per tape is too much for me. I really appreciate you taking the photos for me! :)
animusubi
twitter | instagram
llj

Post by llj »

Right, thanks for reminding me of how terrible it is to send stuff from Canada! :x Last year I sent a game to the UK and it cost me way more than I anticipated. One friggin Megadrive game. Canada Post. :roll: