Closet Cleaned

Our own online marketplace!
Heero
Anime Fan Since: 1980

Re: Closet Cleaned

Post by Heero »

AnimeSennin wrote:Note that the Ranma tapes are in SVHS format, so if you don't have/get an SVHS deck you won't be able to play them.
Haha, ah the nostalgia of it all. As I was looking at that list I was wondering "does everyone know that SVHS <> VHS?" :lol:
gaijinpunch

Post by gaijinpunch »

There's a guy at another forum that has been going after VHS fansubs for ages -- you think you could hook him up w/ some after the archival process? Or... I can't believe I'm saying this, dubs? Hahaha.
Animusubi
Anime Fan Since: 1989

Post by Animusubi »

AnimeSennin wrote:I'm interested in the non-official tapes for archival purposes. Well, I'm interested in everything old for archival purposes, but somehow I'm particularly interested in tapes. I did some feature on Dragonball fansubs earlier: http://animepast.net/Time_Capsule/Fansu ... sub_Tapes/

How about $75 for all the non-official tapes? I can give you back digital (DVD?) copies of some form as well, if you wanted them.

Chevi: I'd like to get my hands on the Ranma tapes as well, but I'm sure we can work something out. Perhaps, if it sounds good to you, I would take the tapes but then send you copies of the Ranma stuff. Or, once I've digitized the tapes, you could have the physical tapes if you wanted them. Note that the Ranma tapes are in SVHS format, so if you don't have/get an SVHS deck you won't be able to play them.
I wouldn't mind digital copies, if you're able. I wouldn't be able to play them anyways, and I know archiving them would be great. I am just uber excited at the fact that I get to see Ranma in a more original form, since I didn't realize how much Viz chopped it up. I still need to send my own stuff to you, so I can just get it later from you, no problem. :>
animusubi
Resident Ranma 1/2 Appreciator!
twitter | instagram
gaijinpunch

Post by gaijinpunch »

If you can ever hunt them down (my copies were awful) there was some guy that subtitled the first 18 I think episodes, and they were awesome. He used professional subtitling equipment. His timing wasn't great, and I think I got like 5th gen copies. This was some of the first I had ever seen.

A local guy lent me leant me his box set of those LDs, and I retimed them. Again, my scripts, lost in time. :( If someone could find those scripts you could probably convert them and play them against a soft digital copy. Really wish I saved my dang scripts!

I found a ton of Amiga floppies here, but I'm quite sure there's nothing but junk on them. I'm going to take a copule home just in case.
gaijinpunch

Post by gaijinpunch »

For danth & ryoran

There is Ranma in all 4 of the "main" magazines I got -- although featured on only 1 cover. The one with the cover has scripts for Episode 1-10, and Synopses for 11-18, and Nettouhen 1-20 (from the table of contents). The second 'anime' Berkely book has scripts for 11-13, and Nettouhen 7-9.

Note, that I'm not sure if these are full scripts.

The anime reference guides have synopses only. The Berkley books are pretty sizable. I'm thinking $10 for the pair of those and $10 for the other 4 (Mecha Press, Animag, Animecon 91 & 92) seems like a fair deal. The other two seem like what Ryoran is after since he's interested in what these were like in their fan-subbed formats.

Thoughts?
Daniel
Site Admin
Anime Fan Since: 199X年

Post by Daniel »

gaijinpunch wrote:There's a guy at another forum that has been going after VHS fansubs for ages -- you think you could hook him up w/ some after the archival process? Or... I can't believe I'm saying this, dubs? Hahaha.
I know of a few people who are interested in fansub tapes (one could say that most of them got interested via that feature on DB fansubs that I did); I wonder if I already know this person. In any case, sure, I can send some stuff over to him. My email address is TheAnimeSennin at gmail, so he can contact me there. Let me know if you want copies as well.

Do you have a paypal address? If you think $75 is fair, I can send the payment once I get your address (please send it to me via private message). Let me know how much shipping via Media Mail will cost, and I'll add that in as well.
gaijinpunch

Post by gaijinpunch »

I know of a few people who are interested in fansub tapes (one could say that most of them got interested via that feature on DB fansubs that I did); I wonder if I already know this person. In any case, sure, I can send some stuff over to him. My email address is TheAnimeSennin at gmail, so he can contact me there. Let me know if you want copies as well.
You do. ;)
Do you have a paypal address? If you think $75 is fair, I can send the payment once I get your address (please send it to me via private message). Let me know how much shipping via Media Mail will cost, and I'll add that in as well.
Yeah, I'm cool with that. I'll get a rough idea of what it will cost. My mother will have to take it to the post office as my flight schedule has changed and I'm jumping a plane in the morning. But, she knows what needs to be done. I will get back to you w/ a total cost and we can just do it in one go.

-Paul

EDIT: And on that note, I need to sort something out w/ the books for you guys, ryoran and danth.
danth
Anime Fan Since: Robotech

Post by danth »

I'm fine with Ryoran having first dibs on anything Ranma; I'll see what's left after she decides what she wants.
gaijinpunch

Post by gaijinpunch »

Okay... I'm kind of making a judgement call and assuming she'll want those two I mentioned (w/ the scripts -- this is the best insight into how we all experienced the show many moons ago) and the rest for you. So, I'm going to package these up, and have my mom ship them as my flight got moved up.
Animusubi
Anime Fan Since: 1989

Post by Animusubi »

Sorry about that. I will pass on them, I can't really get them right now.
animusubi
Resident Ranma 1/2 Appreciator!
twitter | instagram