MacrossWorld & Akibafest in OCT, LA

Conventions and other events, fandom, stores, manga-ka, animators, and other people, etc
labsenpai
Anime Fan Since: 1985

MacrossWorld & Akibafest in OCT, LA

Post by labsenpai »

If you find yourself in Los Angeles during the weekend of October 15+16, there are two conventions for anime fans. Original seiyuu from old-school Macross will be appearing, and numerous industry guests from more recent series. Sadly my personal transport cannot space fold me across the country.
Attachments
macrossw16.jpg
macrossw16.jpg (64.9 KiB) Viewed 1819 times
Akage

Re: MacrossWorld & Akibafest in OCT, LA

Post by Akage »

Looks like MacrossWorld is suffering. It's been a two day con the last two years. I had friends that went the first year who were really happy with it as they each received a nice sketch at the dinner, but the second year of the con (2015), they were not pleased at all. I seem to recall the Sunday autograph session being cancelled because the guest wasn't feeling good, and one of my friends was sad since that guest was the only reason he went to the con at all.

I wouldn't expect much from AkibaFest in terms of autographs. It's being run by Aniplex after all. Better to save your funds for PMX.
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

Man, I'd love to go just for the concert! I bet that'd be fun.
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
Akage

Post by Akage »

I had a couple of friends that attended Akibafest and they all thought it was a disaster. The pre-registration line was incredibly long and slow moving. Parking was non-existent, as well as public bathrooms. It seems that Aniplex thought that you could use the bathrooms located in the restaurants and shops nearby. I'm sure they were appreciative of the extra bathroom traffic. As expected, Aniplex prevented them from getting anything more than an autograph. There were a couple of quick sketches drawn that were raffled off, but none of my friends won them.

Here's a video of Tanaka drawing one -

http://youtu.be/KcLUFB0jaZo