Anime Pavilion (Falls Church, Virginia)

Conventions and other events, fandom, stores, manga-ka, animators, and other people, etc
mbanu
Anime Fan Since: 2001

Anime Pavilion (Falls Church, Virginia)

Post by mbanu »

http://animepavilion.com/

Another brick-and-mortar anime store from the 90s that seems to be chugging along. (^_^)

A brief summary of their history, courtesy of the Yelp page:
Steve L. wrote:Established in 1994.

Never thought I was going to own a shop. I was going to get a degree in International Affairs, enter the diplomatic corp, and serve my country. Was going to make the world a better place. Instead, this business fell into my lap.

This originally started as a hobby and my own personal stuff. There was a store called Jolly Roger Comics. We had a consignment section in the store. As time went on, we had to assist them with money and later hours in the store. When they went out of business, they gave us the remaining store stock and clientele. From there, we built this up going to conventions and doing trade shows.
Anyone ever been here?
mbanu: What's between Old School and New School?
runesaint: Hmmm. "Middle School", perhaps?
DKop
Anime Fan Since: 1998

Re: Anime Pavilion (Falls Church, Virginia)

Post by DKop »

Crap, I wish I knew about this place when I was in DC last year. I'll have to keep it in mind next time i'm up there. I'm sure the a few con goers from Otakon are gonna stop by there if they take the metro from the convention center to this place.
DKop
Anime Fan Since: 1998

Post by DKop »

Sweet bejezzus, there going to do three cons next weekend with Animazement (where im going), Animinneapolis and
Anime Oasis. I guess they got the man power to do it. I believe they are at Animazement every year, so i'm sure ive ran into them over the years.

http://animepavilion.com/convention/
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

Is that a Legend of the Galactic Heroes cel I see in the second photo? (inside the glass case, bottom right shelf). That's pretty awesome!
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*