Ghibli Fest

Conventions and other events, fandom, stores, manga-ka, animators, and other people, etc
llj
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Re: Ghibli Fest

Post by llj »

Certain cities have stronger anime presence than others. Some theatres in the bigger NA cities, for examples, are STILL showing Your Name, 3 months after it opened in April.

I think Texas, California and New York of course have strong groups of anime fandom. And in Canada, Toronto always seems to have something going on somewhere in the city when it comes to anime on the big screen.
runesaint
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Post by runesaint »

So, I went to a (somewhat) local Ghiblifest with my daughter for Laputa. She quite enjoyed it =) =) They also had a number of shorts ahead of it.. which I would share more about but technical difficulties lead to there being no sound. I was the second and third person to report it, so I only saw one or two of them.

There were actually some small things that I noticed on the huge screen that I missed earlier... but anyways, I more wanted to share a piece of information I saw in the ads that they showed before the film...

Separate from Ghibli fest, in 2 weeks they will have a showing of Castle of Cagliostro =)
So I am looking at seeing Cagliostro, even if by myself, and Nausicaa with the wife (and hopefully the daughter as well).

I just wanted to mention this.
karageko
Anime Fan Since: ~2004

Post by karageko »

I've been to all the Ghibli Fest screenings so far and intend to go to the rest. Not really because I'm a die hard Ghibli fan but it's been a while since I've seen these movies so it's a good excuse to go out and see it at the theaters.

I had only seen Laputa once before and I thought it was okay back then. This time I think I liked it more than the first time I saw it; I probably appreciate the chase sequences a lot more now than I did when I first watched it.

It would be cooler if they had more of the staff credits translated at the opening credits sequence instead of the few names that most people already know (for example, Hayao Miyazaki, Joe Hisashi). But I get that you can't really translate all of them without cluttering the whole screen, since columns of names appear sometimes.
Name: Austin
TwitterBlog