Otakon 2017

Conventions and other events, fandom, stores, manga-ka, animators, and other people, etc
labsenpai
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Re: Otakon 2017

Post by labsenpai »

Akage wrote: So you'd like to know more about the mobs, threats and the Great Hostage Walk of 2017? I'll have to put it in the secret section of the website.
Well, ANN has been hacked, so otaku-fogeys like myself have to ask about. No friends still going to conventions, joining exciting mobs. ;)

I'm guessing AWA is the last major stateside con with GoHs from Japan? Still too far away from me...
Akage
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Re: Otakon 2017

Post by Akage »

labsenpai wrote:I'm guessing AWA is the last major stateside con with GoHs from Japan? Still too far away from me...
There's CrunchyCon this weekend with several Japanese guests and SacAnime the following weekend with Toshio Maeda, who is a good friend of mine and who I'll be visiting while he's in Sacramento. For those of you going to AWA, I believe that Maeda will also be having a dinner there, I highly recommend you go. Just buy some stuff from Maeda and ask him about it. I have a couple of friends attending AWA who have been talking about it already. It's usually the last night of the con.

And then there's also YaoiCon in October, and that con will have both SAKIRA and Psychedelico. Pacific Media Expo (PMX) is usually the last con of the year to have Japanese guests, but the con cancelled itself this year. They claim it's because of the NCAA tournament in Pasadena and how they were unable to secure space, however the more probable reason is that the con lost a lot of money last year. They rented out most of the convention center and it really was a ghost town.

I'll try to get around to working on the AnimeFest write-up while at work tomorrow.