AWA 2017

Conventions and other events, fandom, stores, manga-ka, animators, and other people, etc
DKop
Anime Fan Since: 1998

Re: AWA 2017

Post by DKop »

Yea Kurt's a super cool dude. I've gotten some really good cels and posters from him in the past, and he's been cool enough to do little deals for me.

I'm glad his site is up, so now I can find what I want from him!
Drew_Sutton
Anime Fan Since: 1994

Post by Drew_Sutton »

My AWA was a good one, though I apparently missed DKop on Saturday before he left and twice missed Karageko (both during Dave's At the Movies and his and Neil's Chargeman Ken panels). Actually, I was really looking forward to meeting you guys and am really sorry I missed you both. Panels were good - not just good content and presenters but good swath of topics. Busy but not crazy or bored. Dealer's Room was the first time I'd done real shopping in a while, even if I only picked up a couple of LDs. Fun Sale was great as always, bought lots of old comics and LDs, magazines and an NPB tape that I am super excited about.

Definitely planning already on returning to the panel roster next year and need to offload some stuff with a funsale table of my own.
Akihabara Renditions: Japanese Animation of the Bubble Economy
Excuse me, I need to evict some juvenile delinquents from my yard.
DKop
Anime Fan Since: 1998

Post by DKop »

I go by a motto Drew: "If theres Initial D, thats where you'll find me." I was actually helping people play Initial D in the arcade room and getting them set up, so I contributed to the con in some way.

Yea i thought of trying to find you at the con, but there was a ton to do there so I got distracted for sure. This was the first year in a long time that I could go through the dealers room and take my time since I didn't have any convention responsibilities, so it was nice buying the butt load of vinyls I did. There were a couple of Gunpla I wanted, but I held off for now (particularly the MG of the GP-02 that was there, then I remembered that years ago I heard that kit was terrible to put together and decided against it).

Yea I'll get some panels together for next year, I got a few ideas floating around I would love to spend time putting together. And if they get approved, ill post them on here so everyone knows.
karageko
Anime Fan Since: ~2004

Post by karageko »

If I go to AWA next year (hopefully), I'll be sure to reach out to you Drew a few days before the con so we can figure out some time/place to chat!
Name: Austin
TwitterBlog
Drew_Sutton
Anime Fan Since: 1994

Post by Drew_Sutton »

karageko wrote:If I go to AWA next year (hopefully), I'll be sure to reach out to you Drew a few days before the con so we can figure out some time/place to chat!
Yes, let's do that! Hopefully, if there are enough of us running panels and we mention those here ahead of time, we'll all have multiple chances to see everyone.
Akihabara Renditions: Japanese Animation of the Bubble Economy
Excuse me, I need to evict some juvenile delinquents from my yard.