virtual AWA

Conventions and other events, fandom, stores, manga-ka, animators, and other people, etc
DKop
Anime Fan Since: 1998

Re: virtual AWA

Post by DKop »

davemerrill wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:44 pm I'm jealous of your time slot, most people are going to be waking up, at work, or just getting home when my panels happen.
Well at least you got time on a Saturday to watch it haha. Yea sadly ill be at work during your stuff, but I'll check it out during that weekend for sure. I'm surprised the schedule is really low for an online con, id figured it would be kinda bussling with people having a chance to do their panels that might make it harder to do in person. Either we made the cut with our content and the con picked the best of the best, or people would rather wait till next year to do a bigger in person con.
davemerrill
Anime Fan Since: 1984

Post by davemerrill »

Honestly I think the excitement of doing events for virtual conventions has worn off - it was new and interesting in May, but by the time they had announced the AWA Online dates everybody had kind of moved on, maybe. I know one person who was thinking of submitting a panel, but didn't know he could submit pre-recorded events, and a lot of other people simply have other things to do.

I do know that trying to fit in the "live" events is tough when you only have one programming track, and filling Sunday up with gaming is a scheduling choice that sucks up a lot of valuable panel real estate, and not a choice I would have made, but whatever. Not my circus.

My impression is that if anime conventions want to expand into the streaming environment they need to stop thinking of their streaming events as 'conventions' - they don't have to happen all crammed together over three days. It's basically television, they should think of these things as TV specials, rather than physical events.

Anyway, it's streaming video - anyone with a computer and a Twitch account or similar can make it happen pretty easily. I can & probably will do my own streaming thing maybe around New Years, just for the heck of it.
DKop

Post by DKop »

Theres a lot of industry vets that are doing streaming content. I think a couple of weeks back Jan Scott Fraizer had Steve Bennett on to talk about con stories through Facebook. Yea whatever you do throw it up on the forum I'd like to drop in!
DKop

Post by DKop »

So I was able to get my panel off the Twitch stream from AWA and throw that on a Google Drive for people to see. I'm skeptical on putting on it Youtube because of copyright, so sharing this drive link seems to work out pretty well. Hope you guys enjoy BAD!!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nHUEli ... sp=sharing
Drew_Sutton
Anime Fan Since: 1994

Post by Drew_Sutton »

Thanks for re-upping, DKop, I'm gonna try to watch it when I have some time.

I wasn't available during the live showing for Friday's stuff, so I hopped on Saturday morning to try and catch some stuff on-demand but it looks like they just uploaded short clips? Kind of a bummer.
Akihabara Renditions: Japanese Animation of the Bubble Economy
Excuse me, I need to evict some juvenile delinquents from my yard.
DKop

Post by DKop »

Drew_Sutton wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:49 pm Thanks for re-upping, DKop, I'm gonna try to watch it when I have some time.

I wasn't available during the live showing for Friday's stuff, so I hopped on Saturday morning to try and catch some stuff on-demand but it looks like they just uploaded short clips? Kind of a bummer.
I'm sure you will enjoy it!

I was able to get the New Years Eve Anime Hell showing from Twitch as well. I plan on watching through that at some point. If you guys want a copy I can pop a drive link on here for that.
davemerrill

Post by davemerrill »

please don't distribute copies of Anime Hell, thanks.
DKop

Post by DKop »

Can do.
davemerrill

Post by davemerrill »

DKop wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:42 pmCan do.
thanks, I appreciate your discretion.