Megumi Hayashibara

Conventions and other events, fandom, stores, manga-ka, animators, and other people, etc
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Megumi Hayashibara

Post by usamimi »

Ok, I can't be the only one who loved Megu-san something hardcore in the 90s, can I?! XD I remember at times it felt like she was in almost everything coming out (not that I minded!), and I had a ton of her music on cassette tape. I got really jealous when one of my penpals got her autograph at some anime convention long ago. I'm surprised that she doesn't seem to do as many roles now, though I guess it could be because she's getting older, or she's just more devoted to her radio show/music career? Still, I think she'll always be one of my favorite seiyuu. Her range was really good, though she did tend to get typecast a lot.
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
nitro
Anime Fan Since: 1994

Re: Megumi Hayashibara

Post by nitro »

Dude, I STILL love Megumi Hayashibara something hardcore :P
Animusubi
Anime Fan Since: 1989

Post by Animusubi »

I feel like because I started out with dubbed anime for most of the early part of my anime fandom, I didn't get to appreciate Japanese voice actors as much as I do now (which could also be because I hate dubbing nowadays). But I do have some strong love for Megumi Hayashibara, not only because she played my favorite anime character, Female Ranma, but I also loved her J-pop. And her Lina Inverse. She's also pretty adorable, from what I've seen of her.
animusubi
Resident Ranma 1/2 Appreciator!
twitter | instagram
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

nitro wrote:Dude, I STILL love Megumi Hayashibara something hardcore :P
Haha, I still do, too! But she doesn't seem to do nearly as much nowadays. It kinda makes me sad.

ryoran, Ranma is actually one of the few series I like both the dub and the original of. (Well--I should say, I like the original dub cast. The dub cast they used for the last few seasons, not so much.) Megumi is super cute!! Even now, in the more current photos of her, she barely looks like she's aged at all!
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*