Free Comic Book Day

Conventions and other events, fandom, stores, manga-ka, animators, and other people, etc
_D_
Anime Fan Since: 1978

Free Comic Book Day

Post by _D_ »

Don't know if they have this in Japan but its all the rage in North America. My bud's store should be hopping tomorrow. Usually get a couple thousand people going through the store. Will have an article in the local paper and TV and radio spots this year. I'll try to post some pix...

Wow! A Shigeru Mizuki comic is available tomorrow. I need to post some pix...
danth
Anime Fan Since: Robotech

Re: Free Comic Book Day

Post by danth »

I went to my local store where they had boxes of old comics to dig through and everyone got to choose 3 comics to have for free. I found some cool stuff. Old issues of Raika and (Cosmo Police) Justy. But I ended up finding three old issues of GI Joe that I wanted more.
_D_

Post by _D_ »

We got the new stuff. Because there are 2 stores in town I got 6 FCBD titles including the Shigeru Mizuki one, Uncle Scrooge and V-Wars. Nice stuff. My bud's store did very well, breaking all previous records for fund raising for charity and the number of people who came to get their free books. Never seen so many kids that WANT to read comics...
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

I had great luck during Free Comic Book Day! My local comic store's 50-cent bin turned into the 25-cent bin, AND they were having a buy 2 get 1 free on all back issues, so I ended up walking out with not only a bunch of free comics, but a bunch of old manga singles!

My favorite part was I got there early in the morning, so I only saw one person in costume, but it was this little cutie:

And I found out a couple of days ago she won the day's costume contest! :mrgreen: She was up against some grown-ups and still won! You go, cute Robin!

It was cool to see some manga this year, since last time I didn't find any. The Showa preview was really good! But even some of the regular comics were pretty great. I really enjoyed the preview of Hip Hop Family Tree, which surprised me--I definitely want to order the full collection eventually!
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
_D_

Post by _D_ »

We had a kid as Green Lantern. Must see if I have it on the camera roll...