Fumi Hirano to be at Anime Fest 2016!

Conventions and other events, fandom, stores, manga-ka, animators, and other people, etc
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Fumi Hirano to be at Anime Fest 2016!

Post by usamimi »

Looks like Fumi Hirano, the voice of Lum herself, will be a guest at AFest in Dallas this year!! Since I prolly won't be going to Akon (Nitro & I are currently apartment hunting, so gotta save money), I'm hoping I can go to this instead! Anyone else considering?
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
Akage
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Re: Fumi Hirano to be at Anime Fest 2016!

Post by Akage »

I'll be at AnimeFest as well. It'll be my first time going to this convention.
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

Akage wrote:I'll be at AnimeFest as well. It'll be my first time going to this convention.
Nice!! It'll be my first too so if I make it we'll have to see about meeting up! :mrgreen:
Kame-Sen'nin
Anime Fan Since: 1996

Post by Kame-Sen'nin »

Considering going to this as well, as I'm hearing a lot of great buzz about this con.
Akage

Post by Akage »

I'd be up for an OSO meetup :P

Though I can tell you I will likely spend the majority of my convention in autograph lines with another collector friend, so we could always have a meet-up that way too!

Let me know if I should bring any artwork. Some of the stuff is easily portable. I always bring a bunch of Japanese snackies courtesy of my monthly Oyatsubox subscription, so you're more than welcome to some!
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

Kame-Sen'nin wrote:Considering going to this as well, as I'm hearing a lot of great buzz about this con.
Yeah, I've been wanting to go to Afest for a while now: it's much more anime focused than A-kon is now, with lots more Japanese industry guests & that's the kinda stuff I like!
Akage wrote:I'd be up for an OSO meetup :P

Though I can tell you I will likely spend the majority of my convention in autograph lines with another collector friend, so we could always have a meet-up that way too!

Let me know if I should bring any artwork. Some of the stuff is easily portable. I always bring a bunch of Japanese snackies courtesy of my monthly Oyatsubox subscription, so you're more than welcome to some!
Aww you're so kind! I know I'd be at the Hirano signing FOR SURE!! I have a great Lum promo poster I got last year that'd be perfect for her to sign! :mrgreen:
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

Whoa, apparently Akemi Takada is gonna be a guest this year too!! Damn, now I def wanna try my hardest to go to this con.
Akage

Post by Akage »

I cringed when I saw Takada announced. She has the dubious distinction of being the second rudest guest I've met (the title is still retained by Jo Chen's 15 minute Cantonese tirade at SakuraCon in 2011).

She'll definitely fit in with AnimeFest wanting to cut back on anything but a simple signature. There were a lot of complaints last year regarding some attendees getting shut out of getting Tanemura's autograph, so with Takada, they won't have to worry about that.
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

Oh that's right I remember you mentioning that before. Hmm. Well, if I can find something for her to sign, I still might. It's always a bummer when creators aren't the nicest, but I try not to let that ruin a series I like.
Akage

Post by Akage »

For those of you going, AF has just come out with a couple new rules for autographs. This year, if you want an autograph, you have to attend the panel and pick up an autograph ticket there. Also, you can't ask for sketches.

Bad news on both accounts. Conventions usually try to schedule overlapping sessions so as to control the amount of people that will be in any one area at any one time. That means that there's a good chance that you'll have to prioritize what guests you want to meet.