Drawn from Inspiration (some posts NSFW!)

Working on anything outside of this forum? Let us know!
Char Aznable
Anime Fan Since: Early '90s

Re: Drawn from Inspiration

Post by Char Aznable »

NorthernKaleCity wrote:Here's another quick upload for you all, an Adults Only imagined cover drawing, based off Chapter One of Char Anzable's web comic "DANGER ZONE ONE", featuring his characters Reena Saffron and Raymond Finker, drawn and inspired in Kenichi Sonoda's art style.
Thank you so much! :D

Whoa! Your Danger Zone One themed artwork above is phenomenal (that story description is absolutely fantastic as well)! Reena and Raymond both look outstanding...and what can I say, the Kenichi Sonoda style is utterly flawless. Needless to say, I'm extremely excited to see the uncensored version!! Thank you once again!

NorthernKaleCity
Anime Fan Since: 1988

Post by NorthernKaleCity »

Char Aznable wrote:
Thank you so much! :D

Whoa! Your Danger Zone One themed artwork above is phenomenal (that story description is absolutely fantastic as well)! Reena and Raymond both look outstanding...and what can I say, the Kenichi Sonoda style is utterly flawless. Needless to say, I'm extremely excited to see the uncensored version!! Thank you once again!
It was really fun drawing Reena and Raymond for you, Char. Glad you like it! :D I took bits from Nene Romanova (Bubblegum Crisis 2032) and Minnie May Hopkins (Gunsmith Cats) in order to come up with a Sonoda look to Reena, and Raymond was already configured to fit that art style. It was just a matter of putting that all together for you.

Here's a larger resolution, no letter type, uncensored version that you, those here at the Lounge, and your patrons can enjoy. Please thank Katsu for providing excellent reference material from which to draw from!

https://zimg.se/image/hXb (Viewer discretion advised— drawing contains aggressive sexual imagery. Not safe for work.)

Char Aznable

Post by Char Aznable »

NorthernKaleCity wrote:It was really fun drawing Reena and Raymond for you, Char. Glad you like it! :D I took bits from Nene Romanova (Bubblegum Crisis 2032) and Minnie May Hopkins (Gunsmith Cats) in order to come up with a Sonoda look to Reena, and Raymond was already configured to fit that art style. It was just a matter of putting that all together for you.
Absolutely incredible work, I'm beyond thrilled with how it turned out! :D

Your artwork is stunning, and seeing the characters with that Sonoda look is truly a treat. I can definitely see the Bubblegum Crisis/Gunsmith Cats references and I love it. Thank you once again!

NorthernKaleCity

I was offered an opportunity to attempt a request drawn in the style of one of my favorite hentai artists, Oda non.The request asked for a fuller, curvier Juliet Starling from Lollipop Chainsaw. I'm a bit rusty, but it came out okay for dusting off my Windows XP Photoshop 7 software skills.

I sprinkled in a little Masamune Shirow visual gag, inspired from leafing through my Ghost in The Shell trade paperback. For all of you here at the Lounge, from my heart to yours, enjoy. ♥
Attachments
Juliet Starling Chainsaw 800.png
Juliet Starling Chainsaw 800.png (650.22 KiB) Viewed 1700 times

Char Aznable

Post by Char Aznable »

NorthernKaleCity wrote:I was offered an opportunity to attempt a request drawn in the style of one of my favorite hentai artists, Oda non.The request asked for a fuller, curvier Juliet Starling from Lollipop Chainsaw.
Very nice, I can certainly see the Oda Non influence! Great Shirow reference too. I always liked those visual gags in the Ghost in the Shell and Appleseed manga.

NorthernKaleCity

If I have to credit a hentai OVA series that inspired me to draw what I do, I have to give that video credit to La Blue Girl, one of the very first H videos I was exposed to, along with Dragon Pink, Magical Twilight, End of Summer, Dragon Knight and U-jin Brand (that I had on LaserDisc!). I actually ordered two La Blue Girl MPEG CDs from an advertisement in the back of a magazine, that I played on my Packard Bell 486DX2 computer back in in the days just to have some form of influence of La Blue Girl back then.

Who knew, that years later on down the road, I'd be asked to draw her. I was glad to do it, and I hope I did the artwork justice.

For everyone here at the Lounge, have some Miko Mido— lovingly and willingly, enjoying the company of another soul. From my heart to yours, enjoy. ♥

Here's the full, uncensored version. https://zimg.se/image/CrH (Contains full frontal sex/penetration. Not safe for work.)
Attachments
LaBlueGirl MyFirstTime Crop.png
LaBlueGirl MyFirstTime Crop.png (514.49 KiB) Viewed 1649 times

NorthernKaleCity

Here's a little something I drew up last night right before going to bed. I'm always in a rush to scan my work into the computer that I forget how cool it looks sometimes in its raw, down on paper state. :D

When every artist around me made the jump to digital tablets, I guess I stuck around with Walmart bought mechanical pencils and click erasers. I'm not even sure if anyone uses Photoshop 7 anymore, but it helps with the mosaics. lol

I'm finally done with Angelica Amanda, Mickey and Pluto. I hope to share that fantasy story with you all soon. ♥
Attachments
Plumeira Sketch Censored.jpg
Plumeira Sketch Censored.jpg (467.61 KiB) Viewed 1626 times

llj
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Post by llj »

I'm still using that Photoshop CS2 that they were giving away for "free" a few years back... :lol:

With digital art tools, most of it is money with me. I would probably use them if I had them, but I don't. Although, I have to say I prefer having a large piece of paper in front of me instead of trying to draw while looking at a smallish monitor. As I've gotten older, I've taken to drawing on bigger pieces of paper, also...it's been more difficult to scan, but I prefer the freedom to roam with my hand across a larger canvas.

NorthernKaleCity

llj wrote:I'm still using that Photoshop CS2 that they were giving away for "free" a few years back... :lol:

With digital art tools, most of it is money with me. I would probably use them if I had them, but I don't. Although, I have to say I prefer having a large piece of paper in front of me instead of trying to draw while looking at a smallish monitor. As I've gotten older, I've taken to drawing on bigger pieces of paper, also...it's been more difficult to scan, but I prefer the freedom to roam with my hand across a larger canvas.

Man, I haven't used CS2 in years. I had a friend that supplied me a key generator just so that I can try that particular version out on my old desktop computer. That version of Photoshop was extremely reliable, the filters were great, and it's stiil an all around good Photoshop product.

And yeah, I tried drawing on a tablet when I first entered the digital realm with a small Wacom Bamboo a few yeas ago. I know they have Cintiqs and the like available nowadays that are light years above the Bamboo, but it still feels weird drawing when I'm using something like that. I guess one can get used to the feel and overall process of the software, but like you, nothing beats a good old piece of paper and a good pencil. My hat's off to those of you who have embraced the digital medium, you're far more patient than I am for sure.

But there's just something about a traditional medium that is still relevant today. It's a tangible piece of something that you can hold in your hand and change into whatever you want to. Coupled with the skill to use any kind of pencil or eraser to your advantage, and you can really crank out some serious work with enough experience under your belt.

And yes, paper sizes are getting much cheaper to buy. Working on a range of 8x11, to legal 8x14 (which is what I used on the drawing above and the La Blue Girl drawing) to the industry standard 11x17 will greatly benefit your freedom to draw. The larger format 11x17 paper looks extremely intimidating at first when you start to draw on it, but before long, you have this amazing image in front of you that you can be proud of.

Artists like Frank Cho and Steve McNiven work on 19x24 pieces of cardstock. That's like poster sisze paper, man. Maybe I'll revisit that size, too.

They have good large format scanners available in case you''d like to invest in one down the road. I have an Epson WorkForce 7620 that scans up to 11x17 size, and it works great so long as you don't go too crazy on the printing. It has this annoying ding to remind you when the ink cartridge is low, but at least it doesn't hinder, or completely stop the scanner from working like other all-in-one printers do, when it asks for a refill. If you're working on large format paper like that, I recommend that scanner if you want to catalog your work and turn your drawings into digital TIFF files. :D

llj
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Post by llj »

I have a flatbed scanner so I don't have to worry about any printer aspect affecting it from working.

When I draw a comic I'll usually draw bigger, on an 11x14 size, and then scan the page in pieces and then put it together again in Photoshop.

If I'm just drawing a single picture by itself, I'll usually draw on a smaller canvas so that the whole thing fits the scanner.