Drawn from Inspiration (some posts NSFW!)

Working on anything outside of this forum? Let us know!
NorthernKaleCity
Anime Fan Since: 1988

Re: Drawn from Inspiration (some posts NSFW!)

Post by NorthernKaleCity »

It's been a great time going back to practice more on my work with the time I have away from work. There's a reason why the old adage, "Practice makes perfect" still stands to this very day and when you can find the time, clock in the hours, put your nose down to the grindstone and get better at what you love to do.

I always wanted my curvy brunette to adorn the covers of my favorite men's magazines, more so when I was in my late 20's and throughout my 30's, so rather than wish for it to become a reality someday, I went out and found the necessary fonts to make this milestone happen. Coupled with the few months of advertising and graphics design knowledge I acquired back in college twenty years ago, plus closely studying the references of said magazine covers, I came up with these gems.

If you can imagine it, then make it come true. Just as I can create any drawing in the style of any of my old mangaka inspirations, I can now create any cover I want from the men's magazines that inspired me to draw what I do. Now I don't have to live with the, "What If?" mentality. Now, it's more of a, "Which One?" mindset. Uploaded here, are the PLAYBOY and PENTHOUSE magazine covers. Each cover has on it, some mention of Angelica Amanda's home of Northern Kale City, the city which helped spawn stories from the Northern Kale Police Department, the Shadow Valley High School Prowling Panthers and of course, The Re-Education of the Shadow Valley Sweetheart. :D

You can find the rest of the covers here:
GALLERY magazine cover - https://zimg.se/image/n4d
HEAVY METAL magazine cover - https://zimg.se/image/n4i
HUSTLER magazine cover - https://zimg.se/image/n4m
Hustler's BARELY LEGAL magazine cover - https://zimg.se/image/n45

All it takes is the drive to make it happen. If I can do it, so can you. More adult works on the way and as always, from my heart to yours, enjoy. ♥
Attachments
OTP Mag Playboy Variant.png
OTP Mag Playboy Variant.png (1.03 MiB) Viewed 1706 times
OTP Mag Penthouse Variant.png
OTP Mag Penthouse Variant.png (817.62 KiB) Viewed 1706 times

NorthernKaleCity

I was able to get in some character study time a few days ago with Masanori Ota's GHOST IN THE SHELL character, Major Mokoto Kusanagi. I forgot how invaluable these characters studies are based on the fact that one, you need to study your reference material more carefully and two, as an artist of any kind and unless you're some kind of talent prodigy, you're never going to get the exact image on the first try.

Even with the third attempt at the Major, I got within the ballpark of what I wanted her to look like, but it still wasn't right. But rather than give up, I knew in my heart that after more careful study of my reference material, I'd eventually come up with the right image for Makoto.

For you aspiring artists out there, character, ink and color studies are vital to your growth! Spending 20 minutes or more drawing the kinks out first will help your illustration along! Practice makes perfect! :)
Attachments
Major Mokoto Character Study.png
Major Mokoto Character Study.png (813.66 KiB) Viewed 1698 times

NorthernKaleCity

So after the third character study on Mokoto, I came up with this the very next day. It was also nice to have tangible reference material on hand along with a digital copy of Ghost in the Shell on my phone should the drawing bug rear its head so that I could finish this piece with as close a resemblance to the Major as I could. :D

If you're an artist lurking around here on the Lounge, I hope you can achieve this kind of carte blanche with your work very soon. There's no better feeling in the world than thinking to yourself, "Man, I wish I could draw like my favorite artist", only to know that you can now—purely out of the love you have for your drawings and to pay homage to those artists who pushed your imagination in the right direction.

I may never get a chance to meet Kenichi Sonoda or Masanori Ota, Oda non, Motchie Kingdom, KONDOM, Homare Dou, Adam Warren and countless others who have inspired me to be the artist I am today to thank them for leaving behind an amazing trail for me to follow.

They taught me howto become a fisherman myself, thanks to being Drawn from Inspiration. 8-)

Here's Major Mokoto Kusanagi showing off her sling bikini with Fuchikomas, Batou and The Chief looking on. More drawings on the way, and as always, from my heart to yours, with much love, enjoy, enjoy.
Attachments
Major Mokoto Kusanagi Mosaic.png
Major Mokoto Kusanagi Mosaic.png (639.4 KiB) Viewed 1674 times

NorthernKaleCity

Here's another art trade I finished up earlier today of Atsuko Fukune from Mugen Shinshi: Bouken Katsugeki-hen! I have never seen this OVA myself, but when I posted the Major on a draw thread a week ago, they were determined to find me so that I could draw this for them. Turns out the artist who was looking for me to draw this draws in the old school style as well! Enjoy!

Here's the uncensored version of both Makoto Kusanagi and Atsuko:

Makoto Kusanagi Bukini - https://zimg.se/image/n0P
Atsuko Fukune - https://zimg.se/image/n0J
Attachments
Atsuko Fukune 1152 Mosaic.png
Atsuko Fukune 1152 Mosaic.png (890.79 KiB) Viewed 1657 times

NorthernKaleCity

I just realized that I wrote bukini on the post above. I wish there were a way to edit your own posts after you've posted them. ha! It just goes to show you how important it is to proof read!

Had some time tonight to add another slice of Angelica Amanda cheesecake ♥. Enjoy a slice!
Attachments
Angelica Amanda Quick Pin Up.png
Angelica Amanda Quick Pin Up.png (1.15 MiB) Viewed 1644 times

NorthernKaleCity

It's been lots of fun going back and re-drawing old stories now that I can actually draw everything on model. One of those stories was a quick cut and paste job I called, "Angelica's Fantasies: The Lady Is a Tramp!". With a few tutorials on how to draw and with reference material I have around, Mickey, Donald, Pluto and Goofy look great next to my Angelica Amanda!
Attachments
The Lady Is A Tramp Mosaic.png
The Lady Is A Tramp Mosaic.png (970.45 KiB) Viewed 1613 times

NorthernKaleCity

Turning my attention now more over to my Curvy Brunette, while keeping an old school anime manga or anime drawing request in mind of course, I'm starting to gain a little more confidence with my letter type work through more extensive research and practice.

Granted, these are no longer the days of old, where you had to go and find a Letraset catalog then try to draw out the fonts yourself on paper, but with new technology around you still have to think about how to put your letter type together on your work so that it makes sense, visually.

The magazine covers above were easy to make because I had years of templates to reference from. I only really have, a few months of advertising graphics and design under my belt, but with that, I'm able to come up with this.

I've tried creating these works before in the past with very little success, often scrapping them or outright deleting them from the internet altogether. But now that I'm having fun creating my work, I'm happy with the results! Though it's still a learning process that I'm bound to follow for the rest of my life, at least now I can look at these works reloaded and say to myself, "The letter type looks good, visually. And Angelica Amanda looks good, too." :lol:

At least I hope so, for the sake of any fans out there falling in love with my Curvy Brunette and her sexy, X-rated adventures. I'm doing this, for you.♥

I'll upload links to the uncensored versions in a future post once I scan a few more drawings I've been working on and sharing those, too. From my heart to yours, enjoy my Curvy Brunette in her first and only Got Milk ad, while the second drawing leaves a question up to our own interpretations; inspired by the Playboy cartoons from said magazine. :D
Attachments
Angelica Blackwater Milk Ad 2018 Mosaic.png
Angelica Blackwater Milk Ad 2018 Mosaic.png (1.05 MiB) Viewed 1598 times
Sexy Little Cheerleader.png
Sexy Little Cheerleader.png (1.04 MiB) Viewed 1598 times

NorthernKaleCity

Back with two more requests filled for a pair of old school manga and anime fans, one of Golden Warrior Iczer One and the other, a wild take on the Knight Sabers from Bubblegum Crisis!

The second drawing was drawn for a fellow member of The Otaku Lounge. My thanks for letting me draw the Knight Sabers for you, and adding all the little extras for you once I scanned it. Back to the drawing board for more Angelica Amanda!

You can find the full uncensored versions here:
Golden Warrior Iczer One: https://zimg.se/image/rzk
The Bubblegum Crisis: https://zimg.se/image/rzq
Attachments
The Bubblegum Crisis Crop.png
The Bubblegum Crisis Crop.png (183.72 KiB) Viewed 1547 times

NorthernKaleCity

Here's the Iczer One preview. :D
Attachments
Golden Warrior Iczer-One Crop.png
Golden Warrior Iczer-One Crop.png (195.1 KiB) Viewed 1547 times

NorthernKaleCity

A few years back I was excited to make these particular drawings happen, around the time I had created six other characters aside from Angelica Amanda who would eventually form my "Generation Sex" women; a play on the Generation X demographic I was born in and had so much fun growing up in.

My drawing skills were very much still in practice, particularly in my Photoshop coloring skills and reference posing, but looking back on these really makes me appreciate the practice I put in regardless of the outcome. So it will be nice to revisit these drawings again now with the pencil work I'm so accustomed to putting in play.

Good old retro nostalgia runs in my blood, and it was only a matter of time before my ladies had it running through their blood as well.

No guts, no glory. Rangers are forever. ♥
Attachments
Galaxy Ranger Paula 1024.png
Galaxy Ranger Paula 1024.png (577.23 KiB) Viewed 1473 times
Galaxy Ranger Angelica 1024.png
Galaxy Ranger Angelica 1024.png (683.87 KiB) Viewed 1473 times
Galaxy Ranger Naomi 1024.png
Galaxy Ranger Naomi 1024.png (671.95 KiB) Viewed 1473 times
Galaxy Ranger Jessica 1024.png
Galaxy Ranger Jessica 1024.png (661.58 KiB) Viewed 1473 times