let's vacation anime

Working on anything outside of this forum? Let us know!
DKop
Anime Fan Since: 1998

Re: let's vacation anime

Post by DKop »

SteveH wrote:I recall when Jerry and I were in Washington DC to visit a suddenly very ill friend (it was quite the epic trip, never drive to DC in a Feb. Blizzard.) we made a stop at a nearby comic store (with absurd amounts of anime stuff) called Barbarian.

My god the things they had there. They had a beautiful MIB brand new (it was around 1987) Tomy DX Ideon at some then-absurd price, like $75 or something and Jerry LUSTED after that toy and was in such anguish he couldn't buy it (yeah, you know nobody really had money then, ours was tied up in gas and food and hotel, ya know?) and now that toy commands insane money.

And other stuff I can't even remember. I think that was where I was able to get a complete run of the 1000 Year Queen anime comics (which turned out to be not actually complete as they never did the entire series, but it WAS all the volumes the publisher produced). That thing, that I had money for. They wanted like $5 a volume and I think they cut a little deal to get it out of the store. LONG LONG AGO TIME. :)
It looks like its still in the area, north of DC

https://www.yelp.com/biz/barbarian-comics-silver-spring