It's Back - Akihabara Renditions

Working on anything outside of this forum? Let us know!
Drew_Sutton
Anime Fan Since: 1994

Re: It's Back - Akihabara Renditions

Post by Drew_Sutton »

More content!

I've been trying to update the thread here with some stuff that's been in the works at Akihabara Renditions but only getting a few moments just now. We have a couple of updates -

First is another Free Talk piece about a topic that I think a lot of forum members here are familiar with - manga fandom in the mid 1990s. I published that piece last week, trying to alternate Free Talks in between some podcast editing. I've put a lot of writing, editing and hand-wringing work into this one, so I really would like some feedback and critiques on it so I can be a better writer.

Also just this week, we've dropped another podcast! We're dipping back into the Creator Profiles well for another titan of mecha anime, Kawamori Shouji. Like our previous Tomino series, this one ended up split into a couple of parts. Part II should be coming at you soon!
Akihabara Renditions: Japanese Animation of the Bubble Economy
Excuse me, I need to evict some juvenile delinquents from my yard.
Drew_Sutton

Post by Drew_Sutton »

Soon ... it's all relative, isn't it?

Our last update was just before I had a big business trip, so I was busy leading up to that and feel like I've not stopped running since I got back so after much delay, we got Kawamori, Part 2 released today. It's a big one, so I think it's worth the wait.
Drew_Sutton

Post by Drew_Sutton »

New podcast episode up earlier this week at Akihabara Renditions, this episode we break from our usual review format to discuss Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam!
Drew_Sutton

Post by Drew_Sutton »

Huh, WordPress's scheduled posting feature is broken - I had this article scheduled to post a couple of weeks ago but it never posted. So, while you (may) be recovering from your turkey coma, have a look at this Free Talk segment about the infamous Son May (and others!) - Not Bootles As in Underground
Drew_Sutton

Post by Drew_Sutton »

So way behind in this thread - our annual tradition, the grand-daddy of them all - Christmas Craptacular VII!

Speaking of way behind, I finally got some time and energy together to put our latest episode together, a review of the 1994 OAV You're Under Arrest.