The Cars of Yasuo Otsuka

Working on anything outside of this forum? Let us know!
zimmerit
Anime Fan Since: 1995

The Cars of Yasuo Otsuka

Post by zimmerit »

I can never figure if I should just create one massive thread for my blog posts or individual ones (which seems to work a bit better for discussion), but in any case, the latest article published on Zimmerit was about Yasuo Otsuka's fondness for automobiles.

You can read it here: http://bit.ly/otsukajeep

His involvement with the NMVA I stumbled on entirely by accident while wandering around the Old Timer car show in Odaiba last November. Ostensibly an old car show, there was a heavy focus on all-things Showa, with Daisuke Ban (Kikaider) signing autographs and a replica (I assume) SSSP car from Ultraman. The NMVA booth caught my eye because it had a bunch of old US military vehicles and was selling cool tshirts, but it wasn't until later I realized the old gentleman I bought a shirt from and chatted with might have been Otsuka himself.
Sean // zimmerit.moe
SteveH
Anime Fan Since: 1979/82 (depending)

Re: The Cars of Yasuo Otsuka

Post by SteveH »

zimmerit wrote:I can never figure if I should just create one massive thread for my blog posts or individual ones (which seems to work a bit better for discussion), but in any case, the latest article published on Zimmerit was about Yasuo Otsuka's fondness for automobiles.

You can read it here: http://bit.ly/otsukajeep

His involvement with the NMVA I stumbled on entirely by accident while wandering around the Old Timer car show in Odaiba last November. Ostensibly an old car show, there was a heavy focus on all-things Showa, with Daisuke Ban (Kikaider) signing autographs and a replica (I assume) SSSP car from Ultraman. The NMVA booth caught my eye because it had a bunch of old US military vehicles and was selling cool tshirts, but it wasn't until later I realized the old gentleman I bought a shirt from and chatted with might have been Otsuka himself.
Another excellent article, as one might expect. I miss Colony Drop as much as I miss Anime Jump.

Anyway, try to scare up the two First Series Lupin III mooks by Futabasha. LOTS of Otsuka art and self insertion gags. I'm sure there's hefty text as well about his work. :)