Cho Supercar Gattiger

Working on anything outside of this forum? Let us know!
davemerrill
Anime Fan Since: 1984

Cho Supercar Gattiger

Post by davemerrill »

it's a new Let's Anime all about classic lame anime Gattiger, why it's not spelled "Gattaiger," how five cars can become one car, how not to run a Demon Motor Company, and who got to see it subtitled in the 1970s!
gattiger end.jpg
gattiger end.jpg (86.35 KiB) Viewed 1579 times
it's all at the latest Let's Anime! http://letsanime.blogspot.ca/2018/02/un ... -rate.html
DKop
Anime Fan Since: 1998

Re: Cho Supercar Gattiger

Post by DKop »

I have a strong desire to do a panel someday about car racing anime, or anime with cars racing in them. And I swear it wont be 90% Initial D, in case Daryl Surat ever wants to come by and see it. I'll add this title to my list of content.
SteveH
Anime Fan Since: 1979/82 (depending)

Re: Cho Supercar Gattiger

Post by SteveH »

I suspect one reason Gattiger got the khyron sub job is our old 'pal' Murakami Trading. (did I spell that right?)

I distinctly recall being in Lansing, Mi. in, I'd say 1980, could well have been 79, and a regional clothing department store by the name of Jacobson's for some reason had a DX Gattiger set in their minuscule toy department (I had stopped in to check out if that specific store also carried Corgi Toy diecast cars, as I have a long love affair with that company. anyway.). Jerry and I were befuddled. What an odd place to see something like that! Of course at that time I knew so little of the wide wild world of Japanimation so all I could say is something dumb like "huh. Those look kinda like Mattel's Shogun Warriors line". Yes, this is a candidate for a "time machine to check and grab stuff" voyage.

I would strongly suspect Murakami Trading (sp) was responsible.

I also suspect they evolved into Pony Toy-Go-Round but that starts to dive into tinfoil hat and whiteboard territory. :)

Another outstanding article, Dave. Well done!