The Dream Traveler (AKA my art. May contain NSFW stuff)

Working on anything outside of this forum? Let us know!
Onei-03
Anime Fan Since: 2008

The Dream Traveler (AKA my art. May contain NSFW stuff)

Post by Onei-03 »

(Note: if I make any mistakes in terms of formatting or presentation or whatnot, please tell me and I'll fix it. Although IIRC I can't edit post so at this moment, I'll have to make sure it's a good OP or get a mod to help edit it later on).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this is where I'll be sharing my art. Mainly comprises of drawings/doodles and paintings as well as other things like, IDK, clay modeling. I promise I won't over-saturate this with single post with crappy art (Unless you consider even my best stuff to be "crappy" win which case....um....). Basically I won't post a single image of some stick figure unless there's some sort of significance to it or there's a coffee stain that looks like Jesus on it.

NOTE: There's a chance you might see NSFW stuff on here. Nothing too crazy or anything; just like, IDK, artistic nudity or "lol random guy wearing a penis mascot costume" or swearing. Basically you won't see crazy kinky/fetish stuff on here. I know this isn't the place for that, as well as the fact most members wouldn't enjoy it.

Anyhow, without much else to say, let's begin.

Without going into too much detail, I had an awkward encounter with a customer who wanted to use the bathroom. I tried to be nice but she treated me like as though she was slightly annoyed but trying her best to be patient. It's moments like those that make me realize I don't need shrooms to get to a state of questioning my perception of reality and wonder if I'm actually an asshole despite past experiences and evidence not only from my own experiences but as well as from the things my friends and co-oworkers have said about me.

But yeah, I immediately felt a bit better after doodling this. I've been trying to draw more so it feels good to do so, even if its something as small as doing doodles.

This is something I painted digitally 2 or 3 years ago. It's directly referenced from a youtube video done by someone who goes by the title Tolstoykafkaevsky. Even back then it wasn't exactly perfect but now, I can tell I've definitely improved. I think this was my first time making an actual painting piece digitally. Despite the age, I still like this due to the inside joke from the video (basically the guy pretending to be Ash using a falsetto voice pleading for the ducks/swans to come and be his friend and fight battles and stuff...I swear it's funnier than me explaining it.)

the link to the tweet will explain it better. Basically it's a background character (named "poorfag") from Madoka Magica (I've only seen 5 episodes of it; I need to finish it). The in-joke is that she's basically poor due to details in the background scenes. As for her attire...well I'd actually have to explain WHO it's referencing since Leiji Matsumoto has like similar-looking characters with similar attires. Basically it's Tetsuro from Galaxy Express 999.

This isn't the first time I explored the idea. The 2nd pic below is from 4 years ago back when I was more anxious/stressed about being poor and being a hikki/NEET.

Tweet: https://twitter.com/Onei03/status/975796921037213696

This one is more simple. It's basically a thumbnail for a video I did. IDK if anyone would consider it fair to post since I just traced the clerk/fast food guy from Undertale except with a Sylveon...but IDK, I'll share it anyhow: Image

And here's the video, by the way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jYTB0YD4YM

The rest of these, I'll just post without much comment:

I'm sorry if the images are too large. I don't know how to easily resize them without having to use either Photoshop or another website to do so.
NorthernKaleCity
Anime Fan Since: 1988

Re: The Dream Traveler (AKA my art. May contain NSFW stuff)

Post by NorthernKaleCity »

Nice work Onei, I really like the blue haired girl in the bottom picture of your post.

Just for reference, resize your drawings down to 1152x864 in Photoshop if you want to post them with your replies, they are still large enough for people to see but small enough kilobyte wise for the forums system to handle them.

Not safe For Work is allowed, but it has to be cropped or censored in order for you to post it. You can post outside links to the full work if you'd like, so that you can show a censored version of your work here, and an uncensored version off site. I recommend www.zimg.se for posting any adult works, so long as you post your work there and label it Not Family Safe. You can then post external links along with your post to show off your work.

I hope this helps, and I hope you'll share more of your work with everyone here. 8-)
Onei-03

Post by Onei-03 »

NorthernKaleCity wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:46 pm Nice work Onei, I really like the blue haired girl in the bottom picture of your post.

Just for reference, resize your drawings down to 1152x864 in Photoshop if you want to post them with your replies, they are still large enough for people to see but small enough kilobyte wise for the forums system to handle them.

Not safe For Work is allowed, but it has to be cropped or censored in order for you to post it. You can post outside links to the full work if you'd like, so that you can show a censored version of your work here, and an uncensored version off site. I recommend www.zimg.se for posting any adult works, so long as you post your work there and label it Not Family Safe. You can then post external links along with your post to show off your work.

I hope this helps, and I hope you'll share more of your work with everyone here. 8-)
Sorry for the late reply but thanks for offering feedback. I was curious as to why you recommend zimg.se though. I've maingly used IMGUR since I have my profile/albums set to private mostly; only those with a link can see them.

Also the blue-haired girl is the same one as the one fennec fox character. Her name is Avalonia; Avy for short.
NorthernKaleCity

Onei-03 wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:18 am Sorry for the late reply but thanks for offering feedback. I was curious as to why you recommend zimg.se though. I've maingly used IMGUR since I have my profile/albums set to private mostly; only those with a link can see them.

Also the blue-haired girl is the same one as the one fennec fox character. Her name is Avalonia; Avy for short.
Oh, I had no idea you already used IMGUR, sorry about that. I thought you were looking for a host site, is all. I found ZIMG to have very little restrictions on what you could host there, that's why I suggested it.

But if IMGUR is working well for your hosting needs, more power to you. :D

And Avy looks really nice, in and out of fox form. :)
NorthernKaleCity

I hope you're still drawing!
Onei-03

Post by Onei-03 »

Been awhile since I posted here. I mind as well share this since I don't plan on working on it anymore since I need to focus on an artpack I hope to get done in about a month or so for money purposes.

Basically this is a character named Avy (Avalonia) who I've created around 2009/2010, but have just recently been trying to work more into a webcomic series I hope people like, especially on here since there's definitely going to be references or allusions to stuff.

I was trying to give her a more 80s/90s anime style here. Someone did a really good redline edit of it.

If there's any interest in me finishing this, I might reconsider finsihgin it. Though I'd just have to go with the new redline.

https://imgur.com/a/nnXuSCY

https://imgur.com/a/6Aas3wH
NorthernKaleCity

I'd like to see you finish it. :)
Onei-03

Post by Onei-03 »

I'm sorry it's been awhile since I posted on here. Long-story short, my old workplace was closing around Feb and I was just too anxious/stressed. Fortunately by around March (Store closed in late-March), things were better but I was still emotional. I have a new job now; it's been rough but recently I've been doing well to cope with it all.

I'm just trying to get "things" together.

Anyhow, I've done some art. Most of these can be found on my new Deviantart account: Mellofen.

Here's some of the art on there that I thought was worth sharing on here.

One last thing: I'm currently making a oneshot comic/manga based around my blue-haired dark-gray fennec fox girl. I've been oddly motivated to finish it but I guess that's because I honestly don't see why I shouldn't. I've been wanting to make something like this for many years but either lacked motivation or was too worried about "proper" procedures. I'll gladly share the comic on here since I think it's something members on this forum will appreciate.