A list of creators who used to work at Mushi Productions

Working on anything outside of this forum? Let us know!
Fireminer
Anime Fan Since: 2012

A list of creators who used to work at Mushi Productions

Post by Fireminer »

Do we have any list in English about the name of manga artists, animators, directors, etc. who used to work at Mushi Productions? And I am not including people who had worked with Osamu Tezuka but might have not been employee of Mushi Productions like Shotaro Ishinomori.

I am actually surprised to know that Jiro Tsunoda, who is ranked among the most influential horror manga artists, used to work at Mushi Productions and studied under Tezuka.
davemerrill
Anime Fan Since: 1984

Re: A list of creators who used to work at Mushi Productions

Post by davemerrill »

I know Gisaburo Sugii worked there, Osamu Dezaki, Rin Taro did some Mushi shows... I don't know if there's any comprehensive list, but when you check out the production staff for Mushi series like Son Goku, Dororo, Jungle Emperor, etc., the names sort of leap out at you.
Akage
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Re: A list of creators who used to work at Mushi Productions

Post by Akage »

There's also Akiihiro Kanayama. He worked on Jungle Emperor and later became the character designer for Ashita no Joe. I met him several years ago when he was a guest at Japan Expo USA's final convention. Very, very nice man. I found out long after the convention that it was his first visit to the US and he had never wanted to visit because his father was a soldier in WWII and was killed by an American.