Ranmastalgia: The Rediscovery of Ranma 1/2 & other things!

Working on anything outside of this forum? Let us know!
Animusubi
Anime Fan Since: 1989

Ranmastalgia: The Rediscovery of Ranma 1/2 & other things!

Post by Animusubi »

http://ranmastalgia.tumblr.com/

I created a tumblr for my own enjoyment and for Ranma 1/2 fans to discuss various tidbits, history, images, and etc, about my own past with anime and my love for Ranma 1/2. I'm having a blast updating it.
animusubi
Resident Ranma 1/2 Appreciator!
twitter | instagram
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Re: Ranmastalgia: The Rediscovery of Ranma 1/2 & other thing

Post by usamimi »

what a neat idea! definitely gonna follow this! :D
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
_D_
Anime Fan Since: 1978

Post by _D_ »

I have several friends who very much enjoy that show. However, I much preferred Urusei Yatsura. I still do. I never did meet Takahashi though she attended several conventions back in the day.
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

I love Urusei Yatsura as well, but I got into Ranma first because it was more readily available (our local video store actually had a bunch of the tapes back in the day! I guess someone who was in charge of ordering tapes for the store was a fan, lol. :lol: ). It wasn't until I started going to conventions that I discovered UY. At first I didn't get a lot of the jokes (lots of culture-heavy stuff), but as I got older and started understanding them I did fall in love with it. It's definitely in my top 10, easy.

Oh, Ryoran, I was pleasantly surprised to see that Cathy Weseluck will be one of the voice acting guests at A-kon this year! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathy_Weseluck Right now she's probably most known for being on the new My Little Pony series, but I first heard her as C-ko in "Project A-ko" and Shampoo in "Ranma 1/2"! (She was also Cybersix in the cartoon of the same name, which I liked a lot but got canned really early due to poor ratings.) Ranma 1/2 was one of the first dubs I ever watched and liked (well, the first few seasons, before they changed the actors :/) So I'm kind of excited, I'm hoping I'll be able to get something Ranma related signed, though I'm sure at her autograph signings most people will be bringing My Little Pony crap for her to autograph. :roll:
Heero
Anime Fan Since: 1980

Post by Heero »

usamimi wrote:Oh, Ryoran, I was pleasantly surprised to see that Cathy Weseluck will be one of the voice acting guests at A-kon this year! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathy_Weseluck Right now she's probably most known for being on the new My Little Pony series, but I first heard her as C-ko in "Project A-ko" and Shampoo in "Ranma 1/2"!
Holy cow, I never realized that (English) C-Ko = (English) Shampoo (probably because I don't think I've watched the English dubbed Project A-Ko all the way through). Thanks for that usamimi, now Shampoo is ruined for me forever. ;) Although they weren't great singers, I always wondered if someone (else, since I have) considered getting the US voice actresses from Ranma together to do a Doco(USA) concert.
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

Ahh, sorry! :lol: If it makes you feel any better, she was only C-ko in the OAVs not the original movie.

Man, that would've been a cute idea back when Ranma still had a large fanbase. Since then I think a lot of the actresses have gotten significantly better (esp. at singing), so they'd probably sound great if they all got back together. (Well, most of them, anyway...some of the original female dub cast doesn't look like they've done a whole lot since Ranma, sadly.)
Animusubi

Post by Animusubi »

I saw Myriam Sirois in an episode of Supernatural. When I saw her name in the credits, I freaked a little. Haha. And of course, Teryl Rothery was a major character in Stargate.

I do love Urusei Yatsura, eventhough I haven't seen all the episodes or movies, or even read much of the manga. But I saw the ending, and it made me cry. And Beautiful Dreamer is one of my all time favorite anime movies. But it was always easier to get ahold of Ranma back then. What I had of UY I recorded from movie rentals. :lol: Eventhough I loved the ending, I've always disliked Ataru. Ranma 1/2's martial arts and comedy hits a sweet spot for me that UY doesn't.
animusubi
twitter | instagram
Animusubi

Post by Animusubi »

Personal Update: I am having so much fun posting to my Ranma 1/2 blog. I'm surprisingly getting much quicker attention posting about my love for Ranma than I was posting up art on my other blog. :lol: And for the time being, I'm enjoying it much more.

I did upset someone when I started it though. I had posted a rant about how I was a bit upset about younger fans' views on the anime version of Ranma 1/2. Someone took it personally because it just happened to be a day after someone else on tumblr posted about how the anime version sucked. It was total coincidence, as I had been meaning to post that rant for some time, but whatever. I learned from it, so I will keep posting.

I do plan on maybe doing vlogs and podcasts in the future. And I also will be scanning and taking photos of any of my merchandise that I acquire for my collection. And it won't stop at Ranma 1/2 either, I plan to discuss other old classics here and there.
animusubi
twitter | instagram
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

People get butthurt so easily on the Net. It's ridiculous. I've always preferred the manga over the anime, but I appreciate the anime for what it is.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

That's one of my big issues with Tumblr...people will either think 1. Negative things said are directed towards themselves personally and 2. other people's personal opinions are always wrong. :? Don't worry too much about it, I'm sure it'll be forgotten soon.

I really do need to get off my lazy butt and continue my podcast...I keep getting sidetracked with other things lately, ugh. XD