The Anime Nostalgia Podcast & Blog

Working on anything outside of this forum? Let us know!
danth
Anime Fan Since: Robotech

Re: The Anime Nostalgia Podcast & Blog

Post by danth »

I listened to your podcast while driving home for Christmas, usamimi. It was sooo good. Loved it. Easily tied with AWO as my favorite anime podcast now.

Any chance of getting on itunes? Not sure why, but every time I listen to your podcast through the direct download link, it craps out on me and just stops after a half hour. Then I have to reload the page and skip forward to where I was before.

Also your voices were coming through different speakers again. Not a big deal, just an FYI.

I was wondering, do you actually talk face to face with your guests? Also do you typically have people you know in person as guests, or do you ever get together with people you know "from the internet"?
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

I'm still trying to figure out the best way to get the podcast on itunes. I want to get it on there (I've had people ask me MANY times now :oops: ) but I'm still trying to work out a way I can do it without having to pay some place to upload it for me. (I'm a podcasting newbie, lol.) As for the download crapping out on you, it might be because my episodes are on the long side. (oops.) If you're streaming them, I recommend letting the episode load rather than just listening outright. (ie push play, hit pause, let it sit for maybe 15-20 mins? I know my computer has problems streaming long files, so that's what I have to do.)

As for some recordings being on different speakers, that was due to being recorded in different set-ups with different programs and me not correcting the technical details before recording. So...entirely my bad. (Like I said...podcasting newbie, lol.)

Some guests I've recorded with face to face. The majority so far, though, we talk together on Skype and I record it. (Hence different mic quality when some people are speaking.) As for the guests I've had so far, all of them have been people that I know personally and felt were a good fit for whatever topic I was going to have for that specific episode. :) (Some are indeed "from the internet" but are people I've been friends with for ages...for example, NewTypeLady and I have known each other for around 10 years, but have never actually met up in person, lol.) In the future I hope to get to talk to people I don't necessarily know personally, though.
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

Kame-Sen'nin
Anime Fan Since: 1996

Post by Kame-Sen'nin »

usamimi wrote:GOOD NEWS, EVERYONE! The podcast is now officially available on itunes! :mrgreen:
:D Thanks usamimi! I'm sure it was a bit of work to get everything set up properly, but I'm looking forward to being able to subscribe and have the podcast download automatically. I'm sure you'll have a high number of subscribers in no time!

Cheers!
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

Thanks! Yeah, it honestly took so long because I really had to research the crap out of what exactly I needed to do, and how I could do it without spending any money. (I sure as hell didn't want to pay some third-party website money every month to do something that I could do myself for free!) I'd actually successfully gotten the podcast up a few days prior, but I'd put in the wrong feed/RSS info, so everything was messed up. :lol: I had to request them to delete it, then do it all over again, ughhhh. XD It was a bit stressing, but now it should work ok as long as I input all the crap for episodes correctly from now on, lol.
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

New ep was posted this morning: a short "ReView" episode, with bonus mini review of the VHS Documentary "Rewind This!" http://animenostalgia.tumblr.com/post/7 ... cast-ep-10
Kame-Sen'nin
Anime Fan Since: 1996

Post by Kame-Sen'nin »

usamimi wrote:New ep was posted this morning: a short "ReView" episode, with bonus mini review of the VHS Documentary "Rewind This!" http://animenostalgia.tumblr.com/post/7 ... cast-ep-10
Great job (as usual) usamimi!

I really need to grab a copy of "Rewind This!", I was waiting with anticipation for that to be released! In some ways, I really miss the bygone days of VHS, and this documentary seems like it would be very interesting to VHS fanatics.
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

Thanks! I didn't think I'd love "Rewind this!" as much as I did, but it really did hit on a lot of points that were really nostalgic for me, and I totally want to own a copy of it now. I had so much fun watching it on Hulu Plus, and like I said in the review, I learned a lot of things I had no idea about as well! It's a great documentary. (And watching it made me realize how little I actually got to go to Scarecrow Video in Seattle when I lived in the area...I think I only visited the place twice, it's a really neat store if anyone up there's never been.)
danth
Anime Fan Since: Robotech

Post by danth »

Downloading the newest episode now. Finally left my five star review but not sure when it will be visible. Would have reviewed it sooner but I only just figured out how to say what I wanted to get across in the review while keeping it short.
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

Aww, thanks Danth! And here's a link to the new ep for those who don't subscribe to itunes: http://animenostalgia.tumblr.com/post/7 ... cast-ep-11

All about favorite couples from older anime in the spirit of Valentine's Day!