The Anime Nostalgia Podcast & Blog

Working on anything outside of this forum? Let us know!
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Re: The Anime Nostalgia Podcast & Blog

Post by usamimi »

Host might have been down? That can happen every so often. Sorry about that! Hopefully it'll work for you soon? Seems to be working for me right now.
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
Fireminer
Anime Fan Since: 2012

Post by Fireminer »

usamimi wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:48 am Host might have been down? That can happen every so often. Sorry about that! Hopefully it'll work for you soon? Seems to be working for me right now.
Thankfully, I was finally able to download the episode from Apple Podcast. And thanks about reminding me of GTO. It and YuYu Hakusho are two 90s I always forget existed despite how good they were.
mbanu
Anime Fan Since: 2001

Post by mbanu »

Latest episode is nice -- I dug the Blockbuster fujoshi origin story. (^_^) You are really good at getting people to wax nostalgic, which I guess is why your podcast has its name, but I think this was a great example, as usually it is harder to get marketing people to share personal stories.

Hope it was as enjoyable to make as it was to listen to, and thank you for your efforts!
mbanu: What's between Old School and New School?
runesaint: Hmmm. "Middle School", perhaps?
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

Oh thank you! Also thanks for reminding me to post the new episode here as well, lol: http://animenostalgia.blogspot.com/2020 ... 7-all.html

Honestly a lot of anime industry people are more than willing to talk about personal stories as long as it relates back to anime somehow! People from Funi, Viz, and CR have all been on ANN talking about stuff like that before. ^^ I always love hearing about how people get into anime, though, it makes for fun discussion!
Fireminer

Post by Fireminer »

It is such a great thing to hear you covering K.O. Beast. I had a good times with it years ago when I watched it back-to-back with Dragon Half and Mashin Hero Wataru, the later of which now has an ongoing ONA series. Sometimes I do miss these light-hearted fantasy adventure series.

Anyway, have you ever watched 801 T.T.S. Airbats? I think among 90s OVAs, it's a standout, and the character design actually remind me of Kenichi Sonoda.
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

OH thanks for reminding me to post the new ep here, Fireminer! http://animenostalgia.blogspot.com/2020 ... ep-88.html

I do recall seeing 801 T.T.S. Airbats back in the day, but I haven't seen it probably in like...20 some years? lol. I'm pretty sure I have it on my list of things for ReView episodes to do at some point. :lol:
CommandoMatt
Anime Fan Since: 1999

Post by CommandoMatt »

I'm definitely checking this podcast out!

I do have a question though.

Is there a list of the titles that have already been covered by the podcast already?
Fireminer

Post by Fireminer »

CommandoMatt wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:51 am I'm definitely checking this podcast out!

I do have a question though.

Is there a list of the titles that have already been covered by the podcast already?
You can look through the list of titles here: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-an ... ia-podcast

Not every episode go through a series, though. There are some where Usamimi talks to her guests about fandom in the past, etc.
Fireminer

Post by Fireminer »

Say, Usamimi, can I ask if you still keep the bust of Speed that comes with the Speed Racer collection?
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

Thanks Fireminer! CommandoMatt, I do keep a list of all my episodes here, if you want to look through them! https://animenostalgia.tumblr.com/podcasteps

For some reason, most podcast apps only show my latest 30-some episodes, not really sure why. (Please keep in mind I've been doing the podcast now for 7 years, though--the early episodes are rougher since I was still learning as I went, so I personally don't think they're all that great anymore lol.)

And yes, I still have the giant Speed Racer head that comes with the bluray collection, lol.