Just lost a dear friend...

Working on anything outside of this forum? Let us know!
_D_
Anime Fan Since: 1978

Just lost a dear friend...

Post by _D_ »

One of the oldest anime fans in the Winnipeg Manitoba Canada area, Dagmar Kirdie passed away Sunday September 1st. She was a great friend who loved anime from the first time I started to attend conventions there in the early 1980s. Her faves included City Hunter and Captain Harlock. She and her husband Tony always treated me like family and I spent time with them on every visit to the city. Very shook up by her passing as I did not know she was ill at all. Unfortunately, I will be unable to attend her funeral. She will be very sadly missed...
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Re: Just lost a dear friend...

Post by usamimi »

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that! I didn't know her, obviously, but she obviously had great taste. My sincere condolences to you and her family.
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
yusaku
Anime Fan Since: 1988

Post by yusaku »

Sorry to hear you lost your long time friend. You have my condolences. It is never easy to lose someone.
***^__^***
_D_
Anime Fan Since: 1978

Post by _D_ »

This is also why I cringe at looking at the obits in the newspaper. I lost 5 or 6 good friends in a short span early this year. Dag was the latest I've heard of out of town friends. I guess it's inevitable as we get older. Just have to fill the gap by making new friends but you lose the history of the older generations. It's odd that I still have most of my high school friends still alive but have lost 1/2 of the kids who lived in a 2 block area where I went to public school. Lots of good memories (and a few bad ones).

Thanks for the condolences. I'm off to get a sympathy card to mail out...