Little Norse Prince / Horus, Prince Of The Sun review

Working on anything outside of this forum? Let us know!
davemerrill
Anime Fan Since: 1984

Little Norse Prince / Horus, Prince Of The Sun review

Post by davemerrill »

Just finished the Let's Anime piece on Little Norse Prince aka Little Norse Prince Valiant aka Horus, Prince Of The Sun! Took me longer than I thought it was going to take, but there are a lot of bases to cover when discussing this film, from its Ainu roots to Toei's labor troubles to its ten whole days in the cinemas. Anyway, it's a great movie everyone should own, go get it from Discotek right now.

http://letsanime.blogspot.com/2015/04/p ... f-sun.html
SteveH
Anime Fan Since: 1979/82 (depending)

Re: Little Norse Prince / Horus, Prince Of The Sun review

Post by SteveH »

Excellent, excellent article. I would suggest you get that in front of the Discotek guys, because they're gonna need you to do the bonus material when they pick up 'Flying Phantom Ship'.

Oh come on, they're releasing GIANT GORG. If they can do that they can do Flying Phantom Ship.

Actually I'd kinda like them to take a stab at Future Boy Conan. You could do stuff for that too. :)
llj
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Re: Little Norse Prince / Horus, Prince Of The Sun review

Post by llj »

Yeah, I posted about Horus a few weeks back in the anime board. I think the back story is fascinating, and you can see the historical importance in its somewhat sophisticated treatment of Hilda especially, but in all honesty it's technically quite crude compared to many other Toei's animated films, no doubt due in large part to the labor troubles. It has the feel of a workprint at times.