let's anime: voltron is dynamite

Working on anything outside of this forum? Let us know!
davemerrill
Anime Fan Since: 1984

let's anime: voltron is dynamite

Post by davemerrill »

Man, I've been busy! I did an Anime Hell at Anime Boston in March and then did an Anime Hell and a bunch of panels at Anime North just a few weeks back, and I helped a friend move and cleaned our place up for visitors and did a first aid training thing at work and did the Anime Nostalgia podcast show about GE 999 with Usamimi and did some yard saleing and drive-in movie seeing and I intend to continue with those last two things as long as the weather holds out.

I also slapped up a new Let's Anime all about Voltron. Well, it's about Voltron the pop culture thing, with a Dynamite Magazine puff piece about the show and some images from Voltron activity books and Voltron book-and-record sets and some images from Voltron TV ads. There's a new Voltron coming (again) and who knows if it'll inspire the same degree of cultural impactitude? Not me!

Link: http://letsanime.blogspot.com/2016/06/d ... emote.html

While at Anime North a panelist may or may not have said a thing about cosplay that got people talking about cosplay back in the day and when did it start, etc, and that led Walter Amos to post some great pix from the 1983 Worldcon rooftop anime costumer photoshoot, and Walter was nice enough to send me copies of those photos and I used them to upgrade an earlier Let's Anime piece about cosplay in the old daze. And that's here: http://letsanime.blogspot.com/2008/10/c ... orgot.html - lots of Harlocks and Yamato crew and Zabi family portrayed by old-school anime fans, some of whom are still in fandom.
llj
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Re: let's anime: voltron is dynamite

Post by llj »

Because I was usually the smallest kid in any gang, I was usually Pidge, alas.

At least I was never Allura though. I always stood my ground on that. Unless you were playing with the toys. Even the boys had to admit Blue Lion looked damned cool.
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Re: let's anime: voltron is dynamite

Post by usamimi »

I was never into Voltron, but damn did it have some cool toys! Thanks for the post, Dave! :mrgreen:

I loved all the classic cosplay talk on twitter--those photos that got posted were really cool!
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*