Bubblegum Crisis love thread

Misc. anime/manga-related merchandise
Char Aznable
Anime Fan Since: Early '90s

Re: Bubblegum Crisis love thread

Post by Char Aznable »

That's an awesome Bubblegum Crisis shirt! I'm still waiting for my set. According to USPS, it was supposed to arrive today, but it's still in another state. Hoping it shows up by Monday!
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

Char Aznable wrote:That's an awesome Bubblegum Crisis shirt! I'm still waiting for my set. According to USPS, it was supposed to arrive today, but it's still in another state. Hoping it shows up by Monday!
The mail has been ridiculously slow lately due to the holidays...I have a package I mailed to a friend stuck in Louisiana for some reason, and it was supposed to be mailed yesterday >< Hopefully you'll get yours soon!

Robert Woodhead told me the shirt qualifies me as an "Otaking" now, though I think I'd rather go by Otaqueen, ho ho ho~ ;)
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

:o
That's so VERY, jibungously cool, Dawn!
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

greg wrote::o
That's so VERY, jibungously cool, Dawn!
Thanks! I actually got THREE copies of the anime, but I'm giving away one of them as that special prize I mentioned for my podcast's survey. ;) I figured it's the holidays, right? Spread some good cheer! I think I might sell the extra standard edition copy I have, though--I have the Ultimate Edition one, so I don't really need 2. (If anyone's interested in buying it that missed out on the Kickstarter, I'll give you guys first dibs before trying eBay or something. $45 + shipping?)
Char Aznable
Anime Fan Since: Early '90s

Post by Char Aznable »

Just picked up my Bubblegum Crisis set at the post office today; opened it up and it looks fantastic. I can't wait to see the HD transfer. Also, the postcards and coin are really cool. The physical set is far more impressive in person than it originally looked online. Definitely a worthy kickstarter.
Kame-Sen'nin
Anime Fan Since: 1996

Post by Kame-Sen'nin »

Char Aznable wrote:Just picked up my Bubblegum Crisis set at the post office today; opened it up and it looks fantastic. I can't wait to see the HD transfer. Also, the postcards and coin are really cool. The physical set is far more impressive in person than it originally looked online. Definitely a worthy kickstarter.
Couldn't agree with you more; they really did a great job with this set. It's great to be able to watch Bubblegum Crisis on Blu-Ray, and all of the extras (both digital and physical), are very impressive.
usamimi wrote:Robert Woodhead told me the shirt qualifies me as an "Otaking" now, though I think I'd rather go by Otaqueen, ho ho ho~ ;)
Very cool Dawn! Congrats on your Otaqueen status! ;)
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

Bubblegum Crisis Swimsuit Collection T-Shirt
. AnimEigo had released a shirt for each Knight Saber. This Linna T-shirt is ready to be retired. I've had this since my early community college years, around 1995 or so. I've worn it to bed for many years now (even my wife kinda likes it), but the print on the back has become full of holes. I'm going to retire it to the trash can tonight before I take a shower. I just took this photo for prosperity.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

greg wrote:Image
Bubblegum Crisis Swimsuit Collection T-Shirt
. AnimEigo had released a shirt for each Knight Saber. This Linna T-shirt is ready to be retired. I've had this since my early community college years, around 1995 or so. I've worn it to bed for many years now (even my wife kinda likes it), but the print on the back has become full of holes. I'm going to retire it to the trash can tonight before I take a shower. I just took this photo for prosperity.
Aww! That's kind of a shame...I would try to make a patch out of it or something before throwing it away (but that's just me--I did the same thing with a Sailor Moon S t-shirt I used to have as a teenager....the shirt got worn out, so I cut out the design and made it into a patch for my messenger bag).

Thanks for sharing the photo, though! I vaguely remember these shirts.
Daniel
Site Admin
Anime Fan Since: 199X年

Post by Daniel »

Originally written by greg on 2015/12/05, 04:58:54 PST :

Re: Bubblegum Crisis love thread :

Looks like Animusubi already found this on my Tumblr page!

Originally written by Kame-Sen'nin on 2015/12/05, 09:47:36 PST :

Re: Bubblegum Crisis love thread :

quote greg Looks like Animusubi already found this on my Tumblr page! quote
Nice pictures! I'm sure it's going to look even better when you're done with it!
llj
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Post by llj »

Well, I caved for the BGC set. I was going to wait until the cdn dollar got closer to parity, but yeah, that's not gonna happen anytime soon. Should have got it back when it was still on kickstarter, would have paid less overall even with shipping and customs costs at the time