Bubblegum Crisis love thread

Misc. anime/manga-related merchandise
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Re: Bubblegum Crisis love thread

Post by usamimi »

greg wrote:
usamimi wrote:Wow, so lucky! I've been wanting these books for ages, but the ones on eBay are always so pricey! Thanks for posting pics of the inside! :mrgreen:
The first book cost me only 300 yen and the second one was about 1900 yen. They weren't expensive for me at all. If there's anything you want off YAJ, let me know. I've bought a few things for Path. Come to think of it, I haven't seen her around here lately, unfortunately.

Do you know if there is a third book in this series that covered episodes 6-8?
Oh wow, great deal! :O Next time I'm looking around YAJ I'll keep that in mind, heh XD

I think they did--I mean, I would assume so, but I've never seen one online, so I don't know the title or ISBN number. :/
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

Well, that just gave me the idea of looking on Amazon JP to look for them. They aren't there, but I found this crap instead. And you thought that that newer Bubblegum Crisis 2040 show with the Pioneer/Tenchi Muyo-style character designs was bad! You can take a sneak peak into this novel and see the character designs. Priss and Nene are wearing sailor-style junior high school girl uniforms, while Sylia is wearing a goth loli outfit and Linna is wearing a maid outfit. Have a trash box handy to puke in, too. UGH!

Also, take a look at this super-expensive BGC book for nearly $400!
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

greg wrote:Well, that just gave me the idea of looking on Amazon JP to look for them. They aren't there, but I found this crap instead. And you thought that that newer Bubblegum Crisis 2040 show with the Pioneer/Tenchi Muyo-style character designs was bad! You can take a sneak peak into this novel and see the character designs. Priss and Nene are wearing sailor-style junior high school girl uniforms, while Sylia is wearing a goth loli outfit and Linna is wearing a maid outfit. Have a trash box handy to puke in, too. UGH!
OMG NONONONONONONONONONONO NO. :o

I swear to god, no one but Kenichi Sonoda should be allowed to draw BGC females. (Ok, MAYBE Urushihara, but that's it!)
greg

Post by greg »

Here is the Sylia action figure by Atelier Sai. I just got it in the mail today! As always, click the pics for larger views.

My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
greg

Post by greg »

Here you are looking at a dream come true for me. In high school, I would get mail order catalogs from Newtype Hobbies and Toys, located in San Francisco. I would drool over garage kits, although I didn't really know what a "garage kit" was until I was educated watching Otaku No Video (I should pull that one out and watch it again for nostalgia sake!). Since I was madly in love with BGC and Linna (short, black hair is so sexy!), I would gaze at the pictures of completed garage kits of Linna and other Knight Sabers in their Hardsuits. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

Well, I have still never built a garage kit, but I want to attempt this soon. I recently got this B-Club garage kit (or gareki for short) on YAJ and it came in the mail today!

I want to build it! There are useful guides to building garage kits, such as on Cody's Coop. They are certainly different than regular plastic models. Plamo feature parts that fit together, while gareki are solid blocks of resin that must be super glued together and usually puttied to fill in the gaps and cracks. I tried bidding on this set of four Knight Sabers kits, but I gave up. Whoever won this was extremely lucky. I did win this Priss kit which is actually a soft vinyl kit. So that requires even different tecniques than a regular, hard resin kit.
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
robodaz
Anime Fan Since: 1989

Post by robodaz »

From Yahoo Auctions? I think you sniped me on that one, Steve...

Razzamafrazzin....... :evil:

Oh well, back to the search :lol:
"I like this wolf. He's not freezing his ass of in Alaska chasing snow bunnies. He just goes to pig's houses and blows on them" - Christopher Walken.
greg

Post by greg »

Yeah, I go by "stevethefish." I once had a pet Siamese betta fish named Steve who died. I wrote haiku about him transcending this plane of existence and becoming a Galaxy Ranger or something. Anyhow, it throws the trolls off because they think my name is Steve.

Nobody else bid on this Linna kit. I bid on the Priss one early on, and somebody tried bidding it up to only 1,000 yen or so. Were you the one who got the set of four kits? That's a great deal!
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
robodaz
Anime Fan Since: 1989

Post by robodaz »

Ya... I did sweep in on the four. I'm not as big a fan of BGC as your good self, but I can't say no to the OAV power suits. Classic design, through and through.
"I like this wolf. He's not freezing his ass of in Alaska chasing snow bunnies. He just goes to pig's houses and blows on them" - Christopher Walken.
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

Wow, those are beautiful! :O Congrats!
greg

Post by greg »

robodaz wrote:Ya... I did sweep in on the four. I'm not as big a fan of BGC as your good self, but I can't say no to the OAV power suits. Classic design, through and through.
I think I was the first to bid on the set of four. I tried to bid them up a bit, but I already had the Linna resin kit and was about to obtain the Priss vinyl kit. For all four of those kits for only 3,000 yen, that is pretty incredible. I didn't want to go beyond that because I'd already exceeded my nerd budget for the month.

The one thing about the resin is that it is so much harder than typical plastic model plastic (polystyrene?). I understand that resin can be very bad for your lungs too, so caution is needed to prevent dust particles from being inhaled.
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page