Bubblegum Crisis love thread

Misc. anime/manga-related merchandise
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Re: Bubblegum Crisis love thread

Post by greg »

More BGC otakudom. This time it's Yamato's transforming Nene + Motoroid toy.

One of Nene's helmet's "rabbit ears" is a bit bent, unfortunately. Her backpack's panel arrays are meant to be pivoting joints, but they are annoying and can fall out easily. Her right hip socket is not-so-nice, so her right leg falls off easily while trying to put her on top of the motorcycle.

Here's Linna and Nene on their bikes together. Below is Priss and her Motoslave. Sylvia is the only one left to get!

My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

Aww, that's too bad about her "rabbit ear"...I've heard of people fixing leaning/bent parts of figures with a hot/cold water technique similar to this: http://otakudan.com/2009/05/leaning-figure.html Maybe that could help? She's super cute looking otherwise! :D Congrats!
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
greg

Post by greg »

Yes, while unpacking my stuff from America and setting up my display cabinet, I had one anime figure that had feet that had warped and she could not stand up straight. I soaked her feet in hot water to get the plastic soft, posed her the way I wanted her to be on the figure stand, and stuck her in the freezer. The figure was fine after that.

As for the Nene figure, the part is already soft, so I'm not sure if that will work. I'll see what I can do.
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
greg

Post by greg »

My obsession for BGC-related neat-ocity continues. Again, click the links for larger versions of the pictures. First, here is a BGC shirt I've had since my college days. It may be one of the last BGC-related merchandise items AnimEigo made. I don't think they have made non-DVD merchandise for a very long time.

Here is my recent book acquisition! I've eyed this book for quite a number of years. I scored it on YAJ, of course. Here is the B-Club Special complete book of Bubblegum Crisis, covering all eight episodes in great detail.

This page features pictures of cool garage kits as well as one-of-a-kind creations.

On the left page is more stuff you can never dream of getting your hands on. Look at the various books and such on the right page. Those are the books I have posted about on here and on my homepage. In the bottom right corner, my question is answered as to what platform that BGC game was released: it was for the PC-8801!

Various neat drawings.

The book features scenes from the eight episodes.
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

Nice! I don't think I've ever seen that book before. Looks great!
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
greg

Post by greg »

I recently got the tall Priss action figure by Atelier Sai. I haven't taken pics yet, but I did a review video for YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frj_G5FwCz0
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
ServantOfPriss
Anime Fan Since: 1993

Post by ServantOfPriss »

Oh man, I have so wanted to get BGC merchandise for a long time now. I used to have those shirts and a poster of Priss from AnimEigo. Good times. For now, I only have the B-Club specials for the original OVA and Crash, as well as the Gallant and 1983-1997 artbooks.

greg, is your offer regarding YAJ still on? Because I'd like to have some merchandise for my own these days, and am willing to do buseiness.
greg

Post by greg »

ServantOfPriss wrote:greg, is your offer regarding YAJ still on? Because I'd like to have some merchandise for my own these days, and am willing to do buseiness.
Sure! I need to build up my bank account in America. What you can do is find something on YAJ, send me the link, I can figure out hwo much it costs, ask for a bit more to make it worth my while, and you can pay me via PayPal in US dollars. It is the only way I am able to receive money.
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
greg

Post by greg »

I scored this for only one yen on YAJ this week! It just arrived today in the mail. It is a HUGE sticker that measures 15cm x 21cm. It has some sort of a metallic color to it. Click on the image for a larger view.

The problem I have now is, stick it on something or just keep it as-is? Hmmm....
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
SteveH
Anime Fan Since: 1979/82 (depending)

Post by SteveH »

greg wrote:I scored this for only one yen on YAJ this week! It just arrived today in the mail. It is a HUGE sticker that measures 15cm x 21cm. It has some sort of a metallic color to it. Click on the image for a larger view.

The problem I have now is, stick it on something or just keep it as-is? Hmmm....
I would vote keep it as is, maybe carefully placed (leave the backing in place!) in an old-school photo album or a mylar sleeve. I believe that was a retailer promotional item, the kind of thing stuck on a door to tell you "we have this".

Reason: Sticking stickers to things... well, it might seem embarrassing later (depending on what it's stuck to), or the thing stuck to become damaged/worn out and is disposed of, or other future causes of regret. Having it intact in some binder or somesuch preserves it.

Just a thought. :)