Sakura Taisen plamo build video series

Misc. anime/manga-related merchandise
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Re: Sakura Taisen plamo build video series

Post by greg »

10th and final video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2vJFazLaOo

I'll take some pictures and make a gallery for my homepage. Link to come later.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Re: Sakura Taisen plamo build video series

Post by greg »

I completed this model kit back in April, but it's been only now that I finally got around to taking pictures of it.

My picture gallery of the 1:24 Sakura Shinguji's Koubu-Kai mecha from the Sakura Taisen 2 game on the Saturn and Dreamcast is here:
http://stevethefish.net/life/models/034sakurataisen.htm

It's amazing how getting close up with the camera reveals flaws that really aren't perceptible to the naked eye, particularly visible in the final picture on that page.

Some have praised the pink color of this mecha. I really like how it turned out. It was lilke 60% white, 35% pink, with 5% purple. These were Mr. Hobby lacquer paints.

Painting Sakura-chan herself was fun. Years ago, I was intimidated by painting such anime figures, but I've really come to enjoy doing it. The first one I ever painted was Nadia from the anime Nadia and the Secret of Blue Water (WAAAAAY better show than Evangelion, IMHO). I then moved on to Shin from Area 88 that came with an Area 88 model by Takara I've yet to build, the two goofy-looking Snowspeeder pilots from the MPC/AMT kit, a couple of Milia figures from two different ARII Macross kits, and also some Chirico figures from some old Takara Votoms kits. While my daughter was a baby, all I ever worked on was hand-painting these figures, since I was ever so reluctant to drag out my air compressor and airbrush models during her infancy in case my wife demanded that I help with some baby-induced emergency. So what I did was just take out these figures and paint them up instead of working on actual models all those years.

What made this one even nicer was that the kit included decals for her eyes! HAPPINESS GET! Bandai's re-release of the old Tsukuda Nausicaa models also contain decals for the eyes. Very nice.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page