The Show Off Your Figures/Models Stuff Thread

Misc. anime/manga-related merchandise
robodaz
Anime Fan Since: 1989

Re: The Show Off Your Figures/Models Stuff Thread

Post by robodaz »

Her indoors has barred my toys from the house (except some cels and my trains), so my office has become the repository. Amazing how little remains of the grand collection - but Uni forced many sales and kids caused many disasters... :lol:

However...
Attachments
The dollies - from my stint at the Volks Shop in Kobe. That was a good job, and I loved making/painting those.
The dollies - from my stint at the Volks Shop in Kobe. That was a good job, and I loved making/painting those.
P1010110.JPG (264.22 KiB) Viewed 5006 times
1/48 scale Glaug - American Actually - but never fails to turn heads. For scale, the 1/48 armoured valk in the forground is 10" tall.
1/48 scale Glaug - American Actually - but never fails to turn heads. For scale, the 1/48 armoured valk in the forground is 10" tall.
P1010117.JPG (287.99 KiB) Viewed 5006 times
Hasegawa Arcadia
Hasegawa Arcadia
P1010124.JPG (326.7 KiB) Viewed 5006 times
Not strictly anime, but any Nautilus is grand. This one is the eFX 46" version
Not strictly anime, but any Nautilus is grand. This one is the eFX 46" version
P1010115.JPG (324.16 KiB) Viewed 5006 times
Lupin, Nadia and Warhammer... Makes for an interesting muddle
Lupin, Nadia and Warhammer... Makes for an interesting muddle
P1010116.JPG (236.69 KiB) Viewed 5006 times
"I like this wolf. He's not freezing his ass of in Alaska chasing snow bunnies. He just goes to pig's houses and blows on them" - Christopher Walken.
danth
Anime Fan Since: Robotech

Post by danth »

Nice Glaug!
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

robodaz wrote:Her indoors has barred my toys from the house
That doesn't make grammatical sense. Do you mean to say your wife has barred any toys from the house?

The Nautilus and the Glaug are ginormous! So the Glaug is an American model? Who made it? I'm puzzled. There were some "Robotech" plastic models by Testors and Matchbox back in the day, but those molds were from Japanese ARII, IMAI, and Bandai. Is that an American-made garage kit or something? I am puzzled. That is quite a sizable model!
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
robodaz

Post by robodaz »

Grammatical sense? Stuff that, I'm an anthropologist, Jim, not a interlocutor. :lol:

I hired an EAP department some time back to do that for me... :roll:

And it is exactly as I said. Her Indoors - She Who Must Be Obeyed - has barred most of my toys from the domicile, as she has 'particular' ideas regarding decor.

Thank the Gods that the University President is a raging geek and tolerates my predilections with the grace of a Saint (even to permitting extractor units and an airbrush station in the Hallows - can't say fairer than that really).

As for the Glaug, it is not a commercial kit. One of the lads from another forum in which I lurk (Macross World) does the occasional short-run Macross garage kits (often in scale with Yamato's old 1/48 and newer 1/60 die-casts). The First I had was the Regult, last year the Glaug and I think this year it will be either a 1/300 Quelle Qualle or a 1/48 Queadluun Rau. :twisted:
"I like this wolf. He's not freezing his ass of in Alaska chasing snow bunnies. He just goes to pig's houses and blows on them" - Christopher Walken.
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

Love the Lupin figures! I spy Nadia in there, too. And Arcadia! *swoons*
Wow, you worked at Volks? That's cool, I have a couple of ball-joint dolls myself (sadly, no Volks, though I've always liked a handful of their molds--just too pricy for me to get any :( ). That one based off Lady Oscar looks really great! Was she a Volks Megu? The face sculpt looks familiar.
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
robodaz

Post by robodaz »

Bingo! First Gen Megu - though I re-did her skin a couple of years back, as she was beginning to yellow. Volks were slow in getting to the broader market, but the manager of the Kobe branch did me a few favours when I was a struggling grad student.
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

robodaz wrote:Bingo! First Gen Megu - though I re-did her skin a couple of years back, as she was beginning to yellow. Volks were slow in getting to the broader market, but the manager of the Kobe branch did me a few favours when I was a struggling grad student.
Ah, nice! I figured it was! One of my good friends' first BJD was a Megu, too (first gen as well!) so I thought the face looked familiar! ;) Yeah, she got hers back when it was really complicated to order them (no American Volks store at the time!). I believe she had to pay a proxy to do it. Man, that feels like ages ago! :lol:
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
llj
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Post by llj »

Was home at the parents' house for Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend, and rummaged through some of my stuff. Took pictures of some things, including this:

Might be the only Transformer I have where I kept the original box. As you can see, it is a bit worn. :lol:

To be honest, I always found the Superion toy rather flimsy feeling. It can barely stand.
Andrue
Anime Fan Since: 1995

Post by Andrue »

I just picked these up from a friend of my fathers. He collected much Gundam, Votoms, and Macross model kits in the late 80s/early 90s. These are some he had in his house that he sold to me the other day, and he said he has to go to his storage unit and see what other goodies he has. Needless to say I am very excited!
Drew_Sutton
Anime Fan Since: 1994

Post by Drew_Sutton »

Not a big figure buff but I've been building model kits on and off since I was in elementary school. I was never that much into cars but was really big into planes. After getting into anime for a couple of years I found Gundam plamo and immediately fell in love. Especially since I didn't have to sink money into paint and glue.

This past Christmas season I got the wild hair to get back into it; a bunch of supplies wound up on my wishlist. Here's something I tweeted out when I was getting started on my backlog of kits.

I decided to go big or go home, so I started working on my MG 1/100 Kaempfer. I was nervous about it because I think of all the Gundam universe, Kaempfer is easily one of my favorites. This is the first kit I've used top coat on and it seems to be coming along pretty well.

One of my goals this year is to try and work through all of my model kit backlog this year (and obviously put more kits on my list for Christmas at the end of the year).

** EDIT - naming kits since the old camera pics don't have the best resolution. From Top to Bottom: MG Sazabi, MG Kaempfer, MG Sentinel, MG God Gundam, SD Sengokuden Sazabi, Neo-Russia's Bolt Gundam (1/144 HD, IIRC) and 1/144 Vigna Ghina from F-91 (predates the HG designation, I think).

** EDIT - naming kits since the old camera pics don't have the best resolution. SPT Layzner (1/72), Megazone 23's Garland, 1/100 Mazinger Z and VF-1J Super Valkyrie, Max Jenus variant.

This is my backlog (photo taken years ago in my old townhome). Of the kits in either picture the only one completed between then and now was my SPT Layzner I got in Akihabara in '09. I really liked that 3R (Real Robot Revolution) line Bandai did, I wish it was more fleshed out. It was like 3 kits when I got this kit and searching HobbyLink Japan, it looks like it is coming back.

I haven't decided yet what I am going to work on when the Kaempfer is done. I'm waiting for the weather to warm up for several of those kits because they either require some painting or I want to do some painting on them. Maybe that Garland (also bought in Akihabara)? I've been wanting to get to that one for a while.

I need to go through and get the rest of my kits set up and maybe take a pic or two to share with the rest of the forum.
Akihabara Renditions: Japanese Animation of the Bubble Economy
Excuse me, I need to evict some juvenile delinquents from my yard.