The Show Off Your Figures/Models Stuff Thread

Misc. anime/manga-related merchandise
User avatar
Path
Posts: 125
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Anime Fan Since: Circa 1993
Location: Puchi Moon Silk Road

Re: The Show Off Your Figures/Models Stuff Thread

Post by Path »

I don't have any photos right this second, but I will soon. Found my Fullmetal Alchemist figures will cleaning this weekend, will take pictures when I can. The nicest thing I own is probably my Chogokin Big O. He used to live on my desk at work and was always a big draw.

User avatar
greg
Posts: 2159
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:00 pm
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)
Location: Shizuoka-ken, Japan
Contact:

Re: The Show Off Your Figures/Models Stuff Thread

Post by greg »

I had a delivery arrive last night!

Image

This display cabinet is made by a company named Jajan, and I first discovered these at the Shizuoka Hobby Square a year ago. So as you may know, we moved to Japan last year, and we moved into our nice apartment in March 2012. We've been slowly buying furniture and necessities for our apartment, and up until recently, the space this display shelf now occupies was taken over by some cardboard boxes and other stuff I'd dumped there. I've since emptied those boxes and made room for some awesomeness. These glass shelves are positionable, naturally, and the glass doors are on hinges. Assembly was very easy, even without reading Japanese. I've put a few things in there for now, and I will slowly add some more stuff, such as my Revoltech figures and such. I want to leave plenty of space, though, for plastic models that I will slowly be building.

The company also makes an optional mirrored back for this shelf, so I may eventually want to get that. They have taller ones that have LED lights, even! Maybe I can figure out how to add LEDs to my display cabinet?

I bought this on Rakuten, from Hobby Japan's online store.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page

User avatar
greg
Posts: 2159
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:00 pm
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)
Location: Shizuoka-ken, Japan
Contact:

Re: The Show Off Your Figures/Models Stuff Thread

Post by greg »

It's proliferating!
Image
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page

User avatar
usamimi
Posts: 2587
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:00 pm
Anime Fan Since: 1987
Location: The Lonestar State
Contact:

Re: The Show Off Your Figures/Models Stuff Thread

Post by usamimi »

wow, gorgeous set up! :D
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*

User avatar
greg
Posts: 2159
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:00 pm
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)
Location: Shizuoka-ken, Japan
Contact:

Re: The Show Off Your Figures/Models Stuff Thread

Post by greg »

So I ordered a garage kit of the Lovely Angel from Dirty Pair at the Summer Wonder Festival. The guy said it wasn't ready yet, and that he would mail it to me later. Well, what I got wasn't the complete kit, but just a part of it. I'm not sure exactly why not, but he gave me a bonus as a sign of gratitude. He gave me the display model!

Image

He insists on writing me in English, so that is why I don't know why he didn't send me the complete, raw kit. However, he said that he sent the completed model as a token of gratitude for my purchase and also "because you and I love the same Angel." So WOW! I guess he will send me the completed kit later. Still, this is amazing! I think he was just impressed to meet a foreigner who is a big Dirty Pair fan.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page

User avatar
kndy
Posts: 639
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:39 am
Anime Fan Since: 70's
Location: California
Contact:

Re: The Show Off Your Figures/Models Stuff Thread

Post by kndy »

greg wrote:I had a delivery arrive last night!

Image

This display cabinet is made by a company named Jajan, and I first discovered these at the Shizuoka Hobby Square a year ago. So as you may know, we moved to Japan last year, and we moved into our nice apartment in March 2012. We've been slowly buying furniture and necessities for our apartment, and up until recently, the space this display shelf now occupies was taken over by some cardboard boxes and other stuff I'd dumped there. I've since emptied those boxes and made room for some awesomeness. These glass shelves are positionable, naturally, and the glass doors are on hinges. Assembly was very easy, even without reading Japanese. I've put a few things in there for now, and I will slowly add some more stuff, such as my Revoltech figures and such. I want to leave plenty of space, though, for plastic models that I will slowly be building.

The company also makes an optional mirrored back for this shelf, so I may eventually want to get that. They have taller ones that have LED lights, even! Maybe I can figure out how to add LEDs to my display cabinet?

I bought this on Rakuten, from Hobby Japan's online store.
すごい!!! いくらですか。

User avatar
greg
Posts: 2159
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:00 pm
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)
Location: Shizuoka-ken, Japan
Contact:

Re: The Show Off Your Figures/Models Stuff Thread

Post by greg »

If you follow the link, you'll see the page where I bought it from. It was 16,920 yen. That's actually a discount from the list price. There was no delivery charge or anything. This is super nice, and very professional-looking.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page

User avatar
usamimi
Posts: 2587
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:00 pm
Anime Fan Since: 1987
Location: The Lonestar State
Contact:

Re: The Show Off Your Figures/Models Stuff Thread

Post by usamimi »

greg wrote:So I ordered a garage kit of the Lovely Angel from Dirty Pair at the Summer Wonder Festival. The guy said it wasn't ready yet, and that he would mail it to me later. Well, what I got wasn't the complete kit, but just a part of it. I'm not sure exactly why not, but he gave me a bonus as a sign of gratitude. He gave me the display model!

Image

He insists on writing me in English, so that is why I don't know why he didn't send me the complete, raw kit. However, he said that he sent the completed model as a token of gratitude for my purchase and also "because you and I love the same Angel." So WOW! I guess he will send me the completed kit later. Still, this is amazing! I think he was just impressed to meet a foreigner who is a big Dirty Pair fan.
Wow! What a nice guy! That's so cute that he wants to write to you in English, too, awww. :lol:
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*

User avatar
greg
Posts: 2159
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:00 pm
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)
Location: Shizuoka-ken, Japan
Contact:

Re: The Show Off Your Figures/Models Stuff Thread

Post by greg »

usamimi wrote:Wow! What a nice guy! That's so cute that he wants to write to you in English, too, awww. :lol:
Actually, it's annoying because he isn't even writing in English. He's writing in Japanese and using an online translation tool. Translating English into Japanese works a bit better because it's going from a rather specific language (English) to a relatively unspecific language (Japanese.) It results in sentences like "It is because I regarded the insufficiency part as having already passed the other day." I had no idea what this meant, so after a while I realized that this means "I thought I had already sent the remaining parts the other day."

There will be an English speech contest for junior high school students next month. The student from my school didn't even bother writing his speech in English; he just wrote it in Japanese and used an online translation tool. The resulting speech was complete comedy. That kid volunteered and was selected out of all the 3rd grade JHS students to be the sole representative of his school, and he didn't even bother trying to write the speech in English. So last week, I sat with him for several hours and made the lazy booger rewrite it himself.
:evil:
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page

User avatar
usamimi
Posts: 2587
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:00 pm
Anime Fan Since: 1987
Location: The Lonestar State
Contact:

Re: The Show Off Your Figures/Models Stuff Thread

Post by usamimi »

oooooh, I see! :lol: That's charming, in a way, but yeah...I can see how that would be annoying.
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*

Post Reply