Hello everyone!

Tell the old school world who you are, and let us welcome you into the forum!
polarisu
Anime Fan Since: 1983

Hello everyone!

Post by polarisu »

I'm mighty happy to be here. If you happen to be on MFC/JPS/SM or other anime database/music sharing sites, you may already know me as "lolixioa" or "mariijane!" I also used to run cafe-lain.net.

I've been a fan of anime and manga since I was a small child. I loved Creamy Mami as a little girl and was obsessed with reading manga. Japanese and Asian culture in general were apart of my life (I'm mixed race) so it was the norm. (My 65+ mother spends a good 90% of her free time building Gunpla, watching kaiju and keeping up with anime series.)

Maison Ikkoku and Hokuto no Ken are a couple of my absolute favorite series!

My hobbies are illustration and collecting all kinds of Showa era goods, anime figures and Japanese media. I have a collection of over 2,000 Japanese CDs: I also have vinyls and cassettes to a lesser extent. I love idols too: Yukiko Okada, Yuki Saito, Chiemi Hori, Iyo Matsumoto, etc. If anyone else collects and is on MFC, you can find me here: https://myfigurecollection.net/profile/mariijane I really enjoy hunting for rare goods.

More recent anime I like from the 90s would be anything and everything Slayers related, Fushigi Yugi, Sailor Moon, Marmalade Boy, etc.

Nice to meet you!
DKop
Anime Fan Since: 1998

Re: Hello everyone!

Post by DKop »

Glad you can be on here!

Quick question: The figure site you have in your post, does that site keep track of the value of figures you collected? I'm going through my gaming stuff on Price Charting to get a figure of what my collection is worth, and id like to find a site that does that for my media and figures.
polarisu
Anime Fan Since: 1983

Post by polarisu »

Thank you for the welcome!

Unfortunately it doesn't: I have yet to find anything that does, sadly. I imagine it would be a challenge considering the value is so subjective. What's worth a lot in the Western world sometimes isn't worth much at all in Japan and vice versa.

If anyone knows of anything like this for anime merch, I'd love to know, too!
Daniel
Site Admin
Anime Fan Since: 199X年

Post by Daniel »

Hi. Welcome! :D
Captain_EO
Anime Fan Since: 2002

Post by Captain_EO »

Hello, welcome to the forums! Seems like we have some things in common, enjoy your stay.
Drew_Sutton
Anime Fan Since: 1994

Post by Drew_Sutton »

Welcome aboard!
Akihabara Renditions: Japanese Animation of the Bubble Economy
Excuse me, I need to evict some juvenile delinquents from my yard.