Hello Everybody!!

Tell the old school world who you are, and let us welcome you into the forum!
blacotaku1
Anime Fan Since: 1993

Hello Everybody!!

Post by blacotaku1 »

Greetings everyone. Where do I begin? My name is Ryan and I am better known online as blacotaku1. I have been an otaku since the mid to late 90's. For most of my life in fandom I have been somewhat of a hermit as far as fan interactions online. And I have never felt like I was apart of a community. I have always attended conventions but I was never in a club. I never became apart of an online forum except for ANN just to make comments every once in a while. Shoot, I never had any friends who were otaku but just casual fans. I have a good feeling about this forum and I cant wait to interact with you guys.

I really don't know what to say so I love mecha anime or anything with "ultra violence"(LOL). I am into anything from the 80's and 90's. I am originally from the DC area and now I live in SC. Ask me anything I'm an open book ^_^.

BTW I run a "blog" on tumblr. I know that tumblr does not have a great reputation but please check it out. It is nothing but scans of vintage anime all from my personal collection. Right now I am scanning nothing but Newtype Japan from the 80's and 90's. http://oldtypenewtype.tumblr.com/ check the archive to see all of the pages. Matter of fact some one on tumblr messaged me and let me know about this forum. Whoever you are thank you!

Talk to you all soon.
Scans of vintage anime print media: http://oldtypenewtype.tumblr.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/Blacotaku1
Heibi
Anime Fan Since: 1976

Re: Hello Everybody!!

Post by Heibi »

Welcome to the lounge. Hope you enjoy your stay. 8-)
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

Nice blog! Zeta Gundam paper dolls with Fa, Camille, Four, and Char! Now I've seen everything. (Well, maybe not...) I think I must be the one who suggested that you be invited to this forum. I'm glad you're here!

For the record, I have no idea what sort of reputation Tumblr has. All that counts is that your site is TEH AWESOME.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
Animusubi
Anime Fan Since: 1989

Post by Animusubi »

Nice to meet you Ryan! Actually it might've been me, I'm milkteaboba on tumblr~ I saw your awesome scans and figured you might be a great fit for this forum! Seeing your scans reminds me how little Newtypes I have in my collection. :lol:

What conventions have you been to previously?

And I'm totally blind to whatever reputation tumblr has. :lol: I like the site overall. And would never have been able to find you to invite were it not for the place. ;)
animusubi
Resident Ranma 1/2 Appreciator!
twitter | instagram
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

Yay! Welcome! It's good to see you here, I follow you on Tumblr and Twitter (I'm @bunnycartoon XD) and love your scans, I'm glad you found your way here! :D
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
_D_
Anime Fan Since: 1978

Post by _D_ »

I actually found another box of old print materials, catalogs, magazines, etc. while looking for a set if old 1960s El Santo movie lobby cards (which I did manage to find). Also, a box of the old TV Radar inserts from one of the anime mags that I used to use to keep track if the episodes of series I got from Japan. Also, a box of Gamest magazine (Arcade video games mag), some 1970s Fisher Price and Bandai toys (8mm film strip viewers), etc. I wish I could scan some stuff for you but no time. Starting a run of spring cleaning. You have a nice collection and an interesting blog...
Daniel
Site Admin
Anime Fan Since: 199X年

Post by Daniel »

Welcome aboard, Ryan! I'm glad to have you here!
danth
Anime Fan Since: Robotech

Post by danth »

Your tumblr has a new follower!

(ME!)
blacotaku1
Anime Fan Since: 1993

Post by blacotaku1 »

Thank you everyone for the invite!
ryoran wrote:Nice to meet you Ryan! Actually it might've been me, I'm milkteaboba on tumblr~ I saw your awesome scans and figured you might be a great fit for this forum! Seeing your scans reminds me how little Newtypes I have in my collection. :lol:

What conventions have you been to previously?

And I'm totally blind to whatever reputation tumblr has. :lol: I like the site overall. And would never have been able to find you to invite were it not for the place. ;)
Hey Ryoran! I see you on tumblr!

Otakon 99 was my first convention and I have been going every other year ever since. I just started to attend AWA. Last year was my first and I will be going every year now. I also attend a small con here in Columbia, SC Nashii con.
_D_ wrote:I actually found another box of old print materials, catalogs, magazines, etc. while looking for a set if old 1960s El Santo movie lobby cards (which I did manage to find). Also, a box of the old TV Radar inserts from one of the anime mags that I used to use to keep track if the episodes of series I got from Japan. Also, a box of Gamest magazine (Arcade video games mag), some 1970s Fisher Price and Bandai toys (8mm film strip viewers), etc. I wish I could scan some stuff for you but no time. Starting a run of spring cleaning. You have a nice collection and an interesting blog...
Thanks _D_, you know it's funny how you say spring cleaning and people automatically think you are throwing stuff away. O.o
danth wrote:Your tumblr has a new follower!

(ME!)
Thanks Danth!, followed back!!!
usamimi wrote:Yay! Welcome! It's good to see you here, I follow you on Tumblr and Twitter (I'm @bunnycartoon XD) and love your scans, I'm glad you found your way here! :D
*High fives* bunnycartoon -_^
Scans of vintage anime print media: http://oldtypenewtype.tumblr.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/Blacotaku1
davemerrill
Anime Fan Since: 1984

Post by davemerrill »

Hey, welcome to the board, and I'll see you at AWA in September!