Old time midwestern American fan says "hi".

Tell the old school world who you are, and let us welcome you into the forum!
blacotaku1
Anime Fan Since: 1993

Re: Old time midwestern American fan says "hi".

Post by blacotaku1 »

Welcome aboard! You're gonna love this place! ;)
Scans of vintage anime print media: http://oldtypenewtype.tumblr.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/Blacotaku1
Daniel
Site Admin
Anime Fan Since: 199X年

Post by Daniel »

greg wrote:There seems to be quite a focus on little girls, and one of the worst offenders is Kodomo no Jikan, which apparently is about an elementary schoolgirl attempting to seduce her adult male teacher. Even the OP to the shows the little girl lifting up her skirt and dropping her panties in front of him, while he smiles and reaches out for her.
That's... Pretty low........

And that show is popular?
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

Well, unfortunately, it's popular enough to have some sort of a following. The show was released as heavily censored on TV in Japan, and its DVD release was uncensored. I know somebody who, unfortunately, enjoys that horrible show. According to the Wikipedia article, it was originally licensed to be released in North America, but was dropped because its content is just not suitable for the North American market at all.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

OH GOD that monstrosity...I remember at one Sakura-con I went to, my ex (then boyfriend) was whining he wanted to go watch some stuff in the viewing rooms...we just poked our heads into rooms until we found something that looked interesting, and sat down. I can't remember what we were watching at first, but the thing that came on right AFTER it was the first episode of that, and I was just like "UHHHH this seems kinda creepy, let's leave." but my ex was like "But it looks cute!"...we watched like 10 more minutes of that piece of crap before I was like, "No, this is genuinely creeping me out, we're leaving," and I had to drag him out of there.

Reminds me of how a friend of mine recommended "Bunny Drop" to me because she thought it was a sweet series (it's about a middle aged guy who becomes the guardian of a 6 year old girl who no one wanted because she was an illegitimate child)...I started reading the manga, but then after I got to like the 3rd chapter, the last chapter came out and people were outraged. When I read about the ending, I was horrified because it basically ends with the 6 year old growing up to MARRY THE GUY THAT TOOK CARE OF HER. He was 30 years old when she was 6, and he was basically like a father to her, so...yeah, that ruined the whole thing for me and I never finished reading the rest. The whole "OH THIS IS TECHNICALLY OK BECAUSE TECHNICALLY WE'RE NOT RELATED BY BLOOD" loophole seems to be getting more and more common in stories lately and it's kinda freakin' me out. :?
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

Oh man. I've been told that Bunny Drop offended everyone, but people were reluctant to tell me what exactly happens in the story.

Apparently the last straw in cancelling Kodomo no Jikan for the US market is that eventually, the little girl finds an opportunity to rub her crotch against her teacher and arouses him.

Yeah, the whole lolicon thing has encroached into anime too far these days, and it's far worse than the moeblob phenomenon (although often they go hand in hand).
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

I don't blame them for dropping it at all, every time I hear more about it I...regret hearing more about it. DX lol

I've never read the ending myself, because that kind of thing just rubs me entirely the wrong way, but supposedly they confess their LOVE for each other, do it, get married, and have kids. Ugh, just...no. NO!
Yeah, the whole lolicon thing has encroached into anime too far these days, and it's far worse than the moeblob phenomenon (although often they go hand in hand).
Yeah, I agree. I can overlook moeblob designs if the story's good enough, but the fact that lolicon has almost become socially acceptable really weirds me out sometimes...
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*