Greetings

Tell the old school world who you are, and let us welcome you into the forum!
danth
Anime Fan Since: Robotech

Re: Greetings

Post by danth »

I really enjoyed Bastard!! (I hate that two exclamation points are part of it's name; I'm not overexcitable I swear). I found the story and characters more interesting than Lodoss, plus I thought it had great "direction" in the sense that scenes that were supposed to get you excited or interested actually did.

Oh yeah, Weathering Continent was also really cool too. Great atmosphere and more of a chill, cerebral fantasy anime.
Path
Anime Fan Since: Circa 1993

Post by Path »

Heero wrote:
greg wrote:Lodoss Wars resembles an RPG
I know they've made a Lodoss RPG, and I HEARD (unconfirmed to me) that the original Lodoss anime is actually based on the creator's D&D campaign(s). As for sword&sorcery anime, I LOVE Dragon Half, and I really need to track down a copy of Bastard! (even though it is OOP).
I've heard the same thing about Lodoss War being a D&D campaign. I marathoned Lodoss all in one sitting (friend in school lent me his tapes) and I can't say I really remember alot of the details. I think I was falling asleep by the end. Dragon Half had a really catchy song.

Escaflowne (and what I've seen of Dubine) is probably my favorite fantasy anime. I should probably get the DVDs for it, but after the fortune i spent on the VHS boxset back in the day (anyone remember Anime Village?) I'm loathe to give it up.
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

Yes, you can read about Lodoss's relationship with Dungeons and Dragons on Wikipedia. They were obviously Tolkein fans too, with a name like "Ghim" and the premise of them taking a shortcut through dwarf ruins and encountering a fiery evil monster.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page