Hello everyone

Tell the old school world who you are, and let us welcome you into the forum!
nordstar
Anime Fan Since: Mid 90's

Re: Hello everyone

Post by nordstar »

Thanks for all the Greetings. I have a sealed copy of Eyes of Mars i got a few months ago from a thrift store. The tape had a $2 Dollar General price tag on it, so I guess that is were they ended up. I will have to watch it soon and tell you my thoughts.
nordstar
Anime Fan Since: Mid 90's

Post by nordstar »

greg wrote:Welcome to the forum. So where are you from?
Sorry almost missed your post. I am originally from Bakersfield, CA but now live in Carlsbad, NM.
Daniel
Site Admin
Anime Fan Since: 199X年

Post by Daniel »

Welcome!

nordstar wrote:I can't wait to trade stories and tapes I find with others that love the older anime.
Ah, you're into tapes? I think we'll get along well. Did I message you on YouTube recently?

In any case, I am currently in the process of creating a (digital) archive of old stuff on tape for us aging otakus. Particularly, I am trying to build up an archive of old anime TV recordings and fansub tapes. I'm hoping that people will contribute what they can, and in return I will give what I can. If you've got tapes, then please do consider getting in touch with me. I won't ask to keep your tapes. I will give you professionally made digital copies of your stuff back, if you wanted. I do not yet have a list or anything of the TV recordings and fansubs that I have, but if you have a request then do let me know. Here are some (kind of out of date) photos of some of my anime stuff; you're welcome to look through them and see if there's anything that you want there as well: http://forum.animepast.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=68

Path wrote:Saturday Anime on Scifi was a large part of my early teen years as well. I still have every single anime they showed taped off TV (except GE 999 which vanished), despite having DVDs of most of them.
That goes for you to. :)
Path
Anime Fan Since: Circa 1993

Post by Path »

AnimeSennin wrote:Welcome!

nordstar wrote:I can't wait to trade stories and tapes I find with others that love the older anime.
Ah, you're into tapes? I think we'll get along well. Did I message you on YouTube recently?

In any case, I am currently in the process of creating a (digital) archive of old stuff on tape for us aging otakus. Particularly, I am trying to build up an archive of old anime TV recordings and fansub tapes. I'm hoping that people will contribute what they can, and in return I will give what I can. If you've got tapes, then please do consider getting in touch with me. I won't ask to keep your tapes. I will give you professionally made digital copies of your stuff back, if you wanted. I do not yet have a list or anything of the TV recordings and fansubs that I have, but if you have a request then do let me know. Here are some (kind of out of date) photos of some of my anime stuff; you're welcome to look through them and see if there's anything that you want there as well: http://forum.animepast.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=68

Path wrote:Saturday Anime on Scifi was a large part of my early teen years as well. I still have every single anime they showed taped off TV (except GE 999 which vanished), despite having DVDs of most of them.
That goes for you to. :)
If I can dig out the whole lot you can have them. Several do have commercials still on them, but some are cut for time.
kndy
Anime Fan Since: 70's

Post by kndy »

nordstar wrote:I was born in 1979 and my childhood was eaten up by two things Star Wars and Lego. That pretty much didn't change until I saw adverts for a new cable channel "SciFi". I remember the bumps and waited for a none stop SciFi Channel. I watched that channel 24-7. Then the adverts for Saturday Anime came and from the first showing I was hooked. What I say changed my focus for many years. I never really had anyone else to share the love of these shows/movies/OVA's until about 1999 but by that time most people had moved on to other shows. I remember friends marathoning Excel Saga and Slayers and I just couldn't fallow so they left me behind. They did introduce me to Neon Genesis Evangelion which I love (Pen Pen was the best). When Lain came out we where all over that show and went and saw Boa preform in LA at 14 Below.

I am mostly a thrifter/bargain shopper when it comes things so my only outlet at the time was Suncoast and we all now how expensive they where. I kept up with what was on TV from time to time and bought the odd movie that I liked. I remember staying up late watching Blue Seed and other new stuff when Encore Action started showing anime.

As of late though I have been finding a lot of Anime VHS and Laserdisc at garage sells and 2nd hand stores. For the past year I have been head over heals again for the great anime of the 80's and early 90's.

I can't wait to trade stories and tapes I find with others that love the older anime.
Welcome Nordstar!!!