Dave says hi

Tell the old school world who you are, and let us welcome you into the forum!
gaijinpunch
Anime Fan Since: 1980

Re: Dave says hi

Post by gaijinpunch »

greg wrote:Paul! So our paths cross again... I thought you didn't care for anime anymore? Or maybe you just long for the good ol' days, so that's why you're here? In that case, you'll fit in here, for sure.
I don't care much for the new stuff. Games is going down that path too now, unfortunately. I've been watching some stuff, but the only new stuff I give any time to is Ghibli really...trying to get my son to watch, but he doesn't bite. He's more into Anpanman.
So you were on Fidonet too?
Oh, yeah. That's where it all began!
Ender424
Anime Fan Since: 1992

Post by Ender424 »

Welcome! :D
davemerrill
Anime Fan Since: 1984

Post by davemerrill »

gaijinpunch wrote:Dave

Were you on Fidonet? I recognize your name but for the life of me can't remember exactly from where. I agree w/ you on the Starblazers dub... to bad the quality went so far south when anime hit the mainstream.

Hi, greg!

Hi Paul!

Yeah, I was on Fido for a while. An Atlanta local had a BBS set up with a Fido feed. I don't miss those days; what a hassle.
I remember NT-Subs and you guys did great work. I was at the first ten Project A-Kons so we probably met at some point. Welcome to the board!
gaijinpunch
Anime Fan Since: 1980

Post by gaijinpunch »

Ah, Atlanta. Okay... ringing some bells. While the Fidonet (Fight-o-net) days were indeed a hassle (I think I stored gifs on floppy disks!) there was something about the manual work that went into the hobby (or any computer-related hobby) in general that served as a filter. Look at what happened when piracy became a matter of point-and-click (Napster). The roof caved. in.

Any who, good to be here.