Robodaz, still standing tall.

Tell the old school world who you are, and let us welcome you into the forum!
SteveH
Anime Fan Since: 1979/82 (depending)

Re: Robodaz, still standing tall.

Post by SteveH »

Global communication to all the new joiners:

Welcome welcome! It's getting to be quite the British Invasion going on here! :)
Daniel
Site Admin
Anime Fan Since: 199X年

Post by Daniel »

I assume that we were "discovered" by someone in the UK, who then posted/blogged/tweeted/whatever and led all these fine new members over here...

Whoever you are, thank you!
davemerrill
Anime Fan Since: 1984

Post by davemerrill »

Hi Robodaz, welcome to the board; as middle-aged adults with no dependents (save a cat) and an obsessive interest in Japanese culture, the idea of living and working in Japan becomes more and more attractive to myself and my wife, and we're always interested in hearing what expats have to say about the experience.
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

OK, I've split the teaching in Japan discussion to its own topic in the Japan subforum.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
yusaku
Anime Fan Since: 1988

Post by yusaku »

Welcome! It is exciting to hear from someone living and working in Japan. I really would like to know what it is like living in the countryside in Japan. I hear the vast majority of Japanese are adverse to living in the countryside. I think I would like having a retirement home in a rural area.

It is my desire to go to Japan to look around for a month during summer. I want to be a quiet observer and look around. I wonder how well I could read the signs and get around. I want to find the expat and foreigner hangouts. It would be fun to see you there one day. I will get there one day.
***^__^***
PinkAppleJam
Anime Fan Since: 1992

Post by PinkAppleJam »

AnimeSennin wrote:I assume that we were "discovered" by someone in the UK, who then posted/blogged/tweeted/whatever and led all these fine new members over here...

*Takes the blame* :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

... :lol:
robodaz
Anime Fan Since: 1989

Post by robodaz »

That is correct. Someone blabbed to Helen, and that opened the floodgates to the reprobates.... ;)
"I like this wolf. He's not freezing his ass of in Alaska chasing snow bunnies. He just goes to pig's houses and blows on them" - Christopher Walken.
SteveH
Anime Fan Since: 1979/82 (depending)

Post by SteveH »

PinkAppleJam wrote:
AnimeSennin wrote:I assume that we were "discovered" by someone in the UK, who then posted/blogged/tweeted/whatever and led all these fine new members over here...

*Takes the blame* :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

... :lol:
No blame, lovey. Right good of you to spread the word. :)

I do hope Helen and Steve at least take a look, even if too busy to think about joining yet another thing. I promise not to fanboy all over his work on Gerry Anderson fan stuff like S.I.G and Century 21, honest. :)

(altho I should put something together about how much Anderson's works influenced the Japanese)
PinkAppleJam
Anime Fan Since: 1992

Post by PinkAppleJam »

SteveH wrote:I do hope Helen and Steve at least take a look, even if too busy to think about joining yet another thing. I promise not to fanboy all over his work on Gerry Anderson fan stuff like S.I.G and Century 21, honest. :)
Helen has definitely applied, she may/may not have received confirmation yet. I can drop her a line?
SteveH wrote:(altho I should put something together about how much Anderson's works influenced the Japanese)
Please do! That would be awesome. They were showing repeats of Thunderbirds even in 2004 when I lived there for a bit!