Hello from Japan

Tell the old school world who you are, and let us welcome you into the forum!
Mike Toole
Anime Fan Since: 1994

Re: Hello from Japan

Post by Mike Toole »

Welcome, Kei! I also convert/preserve VHS tapes-- I enjoy searching for anime dubbed in English, from long ago. This is what I use.

The Aiwa PAL/NTSC deck accepts the tapes. I capture the video using a DVD recorder at maximum settings. It's not 100% great quality, but it's pretty good and very quick. The box on the bottom row, sure enough, is a macrovision-buster. ;)

And yes, I need to do some dusting...

I'm glad you enjoy this film! It's one of my favorites, too. I visited Japan in 1999, really need to return. But I'm saving my money for the World Cup in Brazil next year. Maybe 2015!
yusaku
Anime Fan Since: 1988

Post by yusaku »

Hello Kei! I am excited to have you join. I am sure you will like the community here.
***^__^***
_D_
Anime Fan Since: 1978

Post by _D_ »

Finally got around to buying one of these:

Since I already have the computer (Asus i5 laptop), 2 TB external HDD, Chinese made splitter (for breaking the HDMI copy protection), and various sources, I am all set. Could use a TBC for old tapes but that is something for another day and I seldom get problems with those. My other equipment includes Pioneer DVD recorders, JVC SVHS decks, Sony Beta Hi-Fi decks, etc. All great stuff for capping tapes and archiving or converting them.