Konnichiwa!

Tell the old school world who you are, and let us welcome you into the forum!
Char Aznable
Anime Fan Since: Early '90s

Konnichiwa!

Post by Char Aznable »

I've been interested in joining this forum for quite a while now. While I do enjoy a number of current anime titles, the anime of the '80s and '90s will always rank as some of my favorites. Sadly, it feels like there are very few outlets for fans of that era in anime and manga to get together and discuss their love of the genre.

I've been an anime collector for a number of years, having a special interest in anime laserdiscs (a topic I'm very eager to talk about with fellow Aging Otaku on this board). I've recently been getting back into collecting manga again, particularly Ranma 1/2.

I'm currently the editor/publisher of Shadowland Magazine, a horror, sci-fi & fantasy magazine. As a fan of anime, I usually try to get at least one article or review per issue to cover an anime title. Previous issues have covered Robotech, Bubblegum Crisis, Golgo 13, and more. The featured story for issue #2 was The Guyver, covering the manga, anime, live-action films, etc).

Aside from the magazine, I'm currently working on several comic projects which employ the Japanese manga style. The first issue is (hopefully) scheduled to be available by the fall.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to chatting with fellow anime fans and, most of all, contributing to some of the forums!
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Re: Konnichiwa!

Post by greg »

Nice! Yes, LaserDiscs are pretty cool. Welcome to the forum!
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
Animusubi
Anime Fan Since: 1989

Post by Animusubi »

Welcome to the forum Char~ Ranma 1/2 is my favorite and about 2 years ago I started re-collecting various things from it myself. I'm also interested to know about your manga, because I draw anime style myself. :)
animusubi
Resident Ranma 1/2 Appreciator!
twitter | instagram
ParaParaJMo
Anime Fan Since: 1986/1994

Post by ParaParaJMo »

Heh. You can easily find laserdiscs in Japan.

But welcome to the forums fellow Gundam fan.
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

Welcome, welcome! Always great to see new faces around here!
Just googled the magazine--sounds pretty interesting! Might have to see if I can pick up an issue sometime. And you're definitely in good company, I think everyone around here loves all those things. :mrgreen:
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
Char Aznable
Anime Fan Since: Early '90s

Post by Char Aznable »

Thanks for the warm welcome!

And ryoran, I was big into Ranma 1/2 years ago but, for some reason or another, never finished the anime. I was just able to get my hands on the later DVD sets, so I'll be checking those out while reading the manga. There's a number of titles I've been revisiting now as well, all of which I haven't watched in years like the original Tenchi Muyo! series, Dirty Pair, Moldiver, and Ronin Warriors. As for that manga I'm working on, I best describe it as "cyberpunk meets the magical girl genre". I'm doing the writing while someone else is currently doing the artwork. Hopefully I'll post some of it on the forum in a month or so!
yusaku
Anime Fan Since: 1988

Post by yusaku »

Hi Char! You will definitely enjoy the forum. Many of the fans here have been fans since the 80's.
***^__^***
Kame-Sen'nin
Anime Fan Since: 1996

Post by Kame-Sen'nin »

Welcome to the forum!