Netflix Live-action Cowboy Bebop opening dropped

The roughly mid-90's and earlier (generally pre-Toonami, pre-anime boom) era of anime & manga fandom: early cons, clubs, tape trading, Nth Generation VHS fansubs, old magazines & fanzines, fandubs, ancient merchandise, rec.arts.anime, and more!
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Netflix Live-action Cowboy Bebop opening dropped

Post by usamimi »

Well, Netflix dropped the opening for their Cowboy Bebop series: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq2N-9EmedA

I'm already seeing tons of discussion on this elsewhere, but for those who hadn't seen it yet, there ya go! :lol:
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
DKop
Anime Fan Since: 1998

Re: Netflix Live-action Cowboy Bebop opening dropped

Post by DKop »

I dig it, and im looking forward to how they'll do the series. I don't wanna know the negative Nancy's opinions about this online so much as I can help it. From the still shots that were released a while ago I don't mind how the characters look, and the set designs of the Bebop off that one image I was very impressed with. There's my take.
Captain_EO
Anime Fan Since: 2002

Re: Netflix Live-action Cowboy Bebop opening dropped

Post by Captain_EO »

I've got a similar mindset as DKop here. I think this new live-action version has potential, and it's not like it's replacing the original or anything; We can always go back to it whenever. It seems like the crew behind this is putting some care into the project, and I'm interested to see where it goes.
A live-action Cowboy Bebop's been rumored since '08, after all.